• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.5mm jack to female usb headset?

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
i'm looking for something that would allow me to plug in an 3.5mm audio cable, and convert it to digital singals for a usb device(as well as provide power to the usb device(though battery's if possible)).

basically my setup is that i have a wireless headset with a base that plugs into the usb port of the computer, i was wondering if it were possible to use this with the 360/ps3/tv where i send the audio 3.5mm jack into a device, which in turn powers and transmits the audio into the device?

in other words, right now, if i were to plug an audio cable into my microphone slot on my pc, and set the microphone to play through speakers, then it'll route the input to my headset, basically i'm looking to cut out the pc in the equation for a smaller device, if it's at all possible?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Sadly no adapter exists to my knowledge. The current method, of using your PC as a pass-through device is the only way to get it to work sadly. I did quite a bit of looking myself when I bought my USB headset (Logitech G35) last year

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Sadly no adapter exists to my knowledge. The current method, of using your PC as a pass-through device is the only way to get it to work sadly. I did quite a bit of looking myself when I bought my USB headset (Logitech G35) last year

that's the exact same one i just purchased =-). also that sucks, the sound is great with these things i was hoping to find more use with these then just through the pc, o well, still a great purchase imo.