• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.90 M33 Install Guide

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i tried renaming the files and that dont work,
how do i do the format via flash 1 recovery???

If you go into Recovery mode by holding R while booting your PSP there's an option to format flash1 under the "Advanced" menu.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
still no luck,

did the flash format, but MS doesnt read any games on psp.
any other sugestion???

Can you try using a different MS?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i have tried on 2 diferent psp with 2 diferent ms, one says theres no games, on the other it reads the files as currupted

Then my guess is that the CSO files you have somehow got corrupted and the PSP isn't reading them anymore. You'll have to redump the games.

donsammy

Then my guess is that the CSO files you have somehow got corrupted and the PSP isn't reading them anymore. You'll have to redump the games.

tahts weird, i was playing it last night, turn off psp and back on this morning and then it didnt want to read them any more
but ill rip my games again and try it, post back in a few

sliver

sliver's in da house....!!!
My PSP won't play any ISO/CSO from memory stick

My fat PSP was upgraded with firmware 3.90 via the upgrade version in my PSP and now it won't able to detect any ISO/CSO formatted games in the memory stick. I've been searching for a thread within this website and found out that some of the features mentioned e.g. press SELECT key to enter the homebrew selection menu or cold starting PSP by holding R key, there's nothing happen.

Appreciate if anyone able to assist here. This is my nephew's PSP (6 years old) and I've promised him that it will be fixed by this weekend!

Need advices so badly here...

sliver
(newly joined crew)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
My fat PSP was upgraded with firmware 3.90 via the upgrade version in my PSP and now it won't able to detect any ISO/CSO formatted games in the memory stick. I've been searching for a thread within this website and found out that some of the features mentioned e.g. press SELECT key to enter the homebrew selection menu or cold starting PSP by holding R key, there's nothing happen.

Appreciate if anyone able to assist here. This is my nephew's PSP (6 years old) and I've promised him that it will be fixed by this weekend!

Need advices so badly here...

sliver
(newly joined crew)

So what firmware are you running currently? Official firmware 3.90 cannot run ISO or CSO.

andrewwan1980

The big step from 3.40 OE-A was a downgrade back to 1.50 then back up to 3.52 M33-1.

Once we have 3.52M33-1 we needed to jump to 3.52M33-4, then 3.71 M33-1, then 3.71-4.

1. Will this always be the same pattern? We have to update to X.XXM33-1 then X.XXM33-Y where X.XX is some new version, and Y is any sub-version..?

x3sphere, I love your Install Guides since 3.40 OE-A. They have all been very short & easy.

2. What you do miss out is the confusion of the 1.50 kernel addon. Is this compulsory if we want to run homebrew in the GAME150 folder?

3. If I installed 3.71M33-1 then installed the 1.50 kernel addon. Then I install 3.71M33-4 (at a later date) will this override the 1.50 kernel addon?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
1. Will this always be the same pattern? We have to update to X.XXM33-1 then X.XXM33-Y where X.XX is some new version, and Y is any sub-version..?

No, just for anything below 3.71 M33, as 3.52 M33-3 an onward fixed a bug in the upgrading process.

2. What you do miss out is the confusion of the 1.50 kernel addon. Is this compulsory if we want to run homebrew in the GAME150 folder?

Yes. Homebrew in GAME150 or any application based on the 1.5 kernel won't run unless it is installed.
3. If I installed 3.71M33-1 then installed the 1.50 kernel addon. Then I install 3.71M33-4 (at a later date) will this override the 1.50 kernel addon?

No, the 1.5 kernel addon will stay intact. Performing a major upgrade, i.e. 3.71 M33 to 3.90 M33 would erase the add-on, and you'd have to reinstall it in that case.

Wile_E_Coyote

I'm trying this for the first time. My PSP fat is running with Sony firmware 3.80.
I've tried a few different guides and tutorials for putting on custom firmware, but no luck. When I attempt to run the installer from the memory stick, it starts as if a game is about to begin and it tells me: "The game could not be started. ( 80020148 )"

What am I doing wrong, and how can I fix it?

january39

eXo Staff
I'm trying this for the first time. My PSP fat is running with Sony firmware 3.80.
I've tried a few different guides and tutorials for putting on custom firmware, but no luck. When I attempt to run the installer from the memory stick, it starts as if a game is about to begin and it tells me: "The game could not be started. ( 80020148 )"

What am I doing wrong, and how can I fix it?

This has been covered in another thread, Please do not double post.

Your question will be answered, it will get very confusing if you have lots of threads open for the same problem. :smile: