• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3DS 3DS Getting Control Expansion Pack

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
3dsatt.jpg

Looks like one of Nintendo's big announcements at its upcoming 3DS conference - or at least one of them, will involve the unveiling of a control expansion pack. It's a bulky attachment that straps onto the 3DS' rear, adding a second analog nub and extra triggers in the form of an L2, R1, and R2 button.

A photo of the peripheral was shown in the latest issue of Japanese gaming mag Famitsu (picture above), alongside a feature on Monster Hunter 3DS[...]

Continue reading: 3DS Getting Control Expansion Pack...

eldiablov

Contributor
That is the ugliest fucking thing I have ever seen. I can't even believe that this is an official accessory, how embarassing.

Moose

Meta Moose
Looks like one of those old Gameboy Advance/Colour accessories. Chunky and entirely unflattering.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I can only hope that it isn't a required accessory for certain high profile games because as Moose and Eldiablov said, that thing looks horrendous.

Spiros

Maiki
So it seems completely likely that the next revision of the 3DS will have the second analog nub and L2/R2 built in. Can't believe that Nintendo would make such a huge change right after the handheld launched, would make the 3DS even more appealing to me though.