• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3DS 3DS system update 2.0.0-2U Released

PR0fessor Burnt

3ds_logo.png

Update is now Live!

New Applications and Functions:
-Nintendo eShop.
-Internet Browser.
-Transfer Functionality to move DSiWare from your DSi to your 3DS.
-Automatic system updates.
-Improved system stability and Performance.

The following items will be removed from your 3DS:
- Promotional 3D music video "White Knuckles" by OK Go

-Until July 7th you may Download 3D Classic: Excitebike on the Nintendo eShop for free.

Warning!: Ridge Racer 3D owners who install the following update may experience a disruption of gameplay under certain circumstances. A update will be released later this month to resolve this issue.

To install the Update go to:
System Settings > Other Settings > Page 4 > System Update

*Broadband wireless Internet access required to perform system update.

TeamOverload

You got my hopes up, I thought it was live already :p Ah well, hopefully by the time the Sony conference is over :p

TeamOverload

Update is available now. Good, now all the little kiddies can stop nerd raging over at the Nintendo Tech forums.

Bit disappointed with the E-Shop. I know it'll improve with time, but I was hoping we'd see some trailers and demos up. Neither of those yet. Games that have screenshots, have it set up how it would actually look on the 3DS....minus the 3D effect. REALLY?

No background downloading, and not even a progress meter. Still uses blocks to state how much space something takes up instead of Megabytes.

TeamOverload

Just gonna add that new content was added today for those of you who don't know.

Games:
Link's Awakening was added (GBC Virtual Console title - $5.99)

Trailers (Fully viewable in 3D)
Ocarina of Time 3D
Mario Kart
Luigi's Mansion 2
Super Mario
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Starfox 64 3D
Paper Mario
Animal Crossing
Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D
Resident Evil Revelations

Not sure how often they plan on updating the shop but once E3 is over, Burnt and I might have to make an official eShop update thread, since we seem to be the resident 3DS experts here :p

El Diablo

I read that some people have had their DSi's bricked from trying to download that DSiWare thing = \.

El Diablo

TeamOverload

Anyone have any must have DSiWare titles they would recommend? Never had one, so I'm not sure what's out there. Bought Super Mario Land, just because it's awesome :D

PR0fessor Burnt

Small update rolled out today

Nintendo 3DS Menu 2.1.0-3U

If you currently have update version 2.0.0-2U, this update provides:

Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments to enhance user experience

A correction for the screen freeze symptom experienced in the Ridge Racer 3D game

You can receive automatic updates when a wireless internet connection is available. When the download is complete, you will receive a dialog on the HOME Menu detailing the steps to install the update

If you have not completed the update released on June 6, version 2.0.0-2U, this update will add the following new features:

Nintendo eShop
Internet Browser
Transfer functionality to move DSiWare