• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

4.3.1 Untethered Jailbreak Imminent

TeamOverload

For those who haven't heard this is scheduled to be released in under 30 minutes, at 12AM EST, 9PM PST. I'm excited to update for home sharing, as I don't have nearly close to my whole library on my iPhone and there's several songs I would like to stream.

As we expected, after releasing the password protected untethered jailbreak from i0n1c few hours ago, now MuscleNerd has confirmed the arrival of iOS 4.3.1 / 4.3 untethered jailbreak for public. Dev-team will release Redsn0w (Windows) and PwnageTool (Mac OS X) to untethered jailbreak iOS 4.3.1.

Supported devices:
iPhone 4, 3GS
iPod Touch 4G, 3G
iPad 1 (Unfortunately iPad 2 still not supported)
Apple TV 2G.

The new jailbreak is based on i0n1c's untethered exploit. MuslceNerd also mentioned that the new jailbreak will bring special tool for hackers, his words were addressed specially for the well-known hackers Comex and i0n1c. This may help to guarantee jailbreak in future.

Right now the Dev-Team is testing Redsn0w and PwnageTool across all devices. Redsn0w and PwnageTool to be released within few hours, as usual I will post download links and guides once they will be available. Stay tune
http://www.redsn0w.us/2011/04/untethered-ios-431-jailbreak-redsn0w.html

DL Link: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

Spiros

Maiki
Ahhh excellent! Been waiting for this aswell, though I'm more excited about the WiFi hotspot feature!

TeamOverload

Some nerd raging going on as it hasn't been posted yet, but a few last minute tips for everyone while we wait:

As always, remember to back up your SHSH blobs if you haven't already, backup your Cydia Apps with AptBackup, and backup anything else you may have on your device.

It's out: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

OUTL4W

Doesn't this jailbreak also allow you to activate the multi-gesture's within the firmware?

TeamOverload

Doesn't this jailbreak also allow you to activate the multi-gesture's within the firmware?

Not built right into the firmware I don't think, I believe it's a .plist file edit.

I'm still not jailbroken, my phone wouldn't even update to stock 4.3.1 and had me in a recovery loop for like 2 hours, finally got stock 4.3.1, now to try the jailbreak and hope I don't have any problems with it.

All jailbroken, that was the easy part. It hung up at the part where it says "Uploading ramdisk" which is apparently a common problem. My solution was to run the program as administrator and in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3 and hold the home button on the iPhone as it does it's magic.

Spiros

Maiki
Anything I should know before updating to 4.3.1? I got my first iPhone in October and I've been on 4.1 with limera1n the whole time, so first time updating from a jailbroken firmware. Is there anything I need to do to "preserve my baseband"? I've read that phrase a few times but don't understand its significance.

TeamOverload

Anything I should know before updating to 4.3.1? I got my first iPhone in October and I've been on 4.1 with limera1n the whole time, so first time updating from a jailbroken firmware. Is there anything I need to do to "preserve my baseband"? I've read that phrase a few times but don't understand its significance.

You would've had to have backed up your SHSH blobs already, which it would be too late for with 4.1. Also, baseband is really important for an unlock, so not sure if you rely on that at all? If so you're better off holding off as there is no actual unlock yet.

Spiros

Maiki
I got the iPhone on 4.1 I'm pretty sure, so because I haven't made a backup of my shsh blobs, most likely I won't be able to unlock my phone? I did use cydia and enabled the feature to "make my life easier" is that not a backup of the shsh blobs on saurik's server? I was kinda counting on unlocking my phone eventually, going to europe for about 3 months this summer.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Do I just upgrade itouch from 4.2.1 -> 4.3.1?
I've never played around with updates.

Second question where to find the updates for the ipod itself.

PR0fessor Burnt

Do I just upgrade itouch from 4.2.1 -> 4.3.1?
I've never played around with updates.

Second question where to find the updates for the ipod itself.

1. yes you can just update from 4.2.1 to 4.3.1
2. Update on Itunes.

4.3.2 untethered jailbreak here

Edit:
Just found out 4.3.3 is released.
4.3.3 tethered jailbreak here