• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

A Song You Discovered Today

Thread starter #1
In an effort to introduce people to nice/artistic music they they may be missing out on:

* Name a song you recently discovered and really like. Something you think is exceptionally good.

* Only one song per person per day. So think carefully before posting :p

* Always post the genre and make sure its accurate.

Here we go:
Dream Theater - Count of Tuscany
Progressive Rock - Lots of transitions; Various styles; Starts of pretty heavy becomes nice and melodious (after around 10:00).
Like the old DT and not like the crap they put out in the last few albums.

twelve

I'm not dead
Discovered this on my ipod last week.

Tommyknocker - Twist

Hardcore. Vocal samples from Korn - Twist. Absolutely banging tune.

Listen to with some decent speakers/headphones as it has very heavy bass and distorts on crappy speakers.

Thread starter #3
Its 3:00 A.M. New day, new song. Just heard this randomly on my playlist. Dunno how I didn't notice it before cos always make it a point listen to every song when I obtain a bunch of them so I find ones I like.

Simon & Garfunkel - Late In The Evening (Concert At Central Park)
Unlike their usual stuff. Lot more lively. Has a nice trumpet bit in the middle at around 3:40.

Don't think the video is from the Central Park recording.

I heard this song on the radio, then learned the dance. NOw I sing it at soaphops.

[yt]www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv9VKKXwVxU[/yt]
"jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk .....ur a jerk"

Saw some kids at the bowling alley hop out of their cars and start dancing to this. Pretty funny how fast the crowd formed.
--
Anyways discovered Rise Against not too long ago (sad, I know)
Really like this song:
The Good Left Undone - Rise Against

It's classified as Melodic Hardcore and/or Punk Rock. If you haven't listened to any Rise Against, I recommend you pick up both Appeal to Reason and The Sufferer & The Witness

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PbHRIMSxkw[/YT]

It wasn't exactly today, but recently I discovered I Love the Bloody Beetroots by The Bloody Beetroots (I know, haha). It's electronic. I fell in love with it as soon as the main riff started. While not groundbreaking, it's still original in terms of electronic, IMO.

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
Owl City - Fireflies.

Ambient/electronic/pop. Sounds just like The Postal Service, only happier. This song is just so clean sounding and happy, and it's catchy even if the lyrics are strange and forgettable.

Song: The Grand Vizier's Garden Party
Artist: Pink Floyd
Genre: Avant-garde

It's split into three parts: Entrance, Entertainment, Exit. It's pretty pretentious, but in a good way xD.

James.

User Not Found
Muse - Uprising
The download said Alternative - Matt's got a deeper voice, chanting and the synths! think Dr. Who ;) I like it, maybe not as good as an album opener, but still good.

Bill

Search and Destroy - The Stooges

Great 70's punk stuff.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
Survival of the Fittest - Baba Brinkman

it's on The Rap Guide to Evolution. the whole album is great.

he has the whole album up for free to dl on his site: Babasword Home

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
Anchor & Braille - Summer Tongues

The album this song is in. Is a GREAT record. Top 10 of the year definitely. It's very mellow. Great for fall music listening.

Bloc Party - One More Chance (Alex Metric Remix)

Electro house. Alex Metric is one great producer and this remix really shows his talent.