• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP About PRO CFW (4 and 5)!

phoenixv5

Well I noticed one thing odd in PRO-B3 cfw and for that reason I switched back to TN Hen.
Thing is, some 'Pause Game' data does not get erased. These appear as nameless dateless files that can (sometimes improperly) resume a certain point in a game over and over again! (This applies only to PSPGos obviously!)
I thought it wasn't there in PRO-B4, but I was wrong.

Now the questions:
1) Anyone else have this problem?
2) Does PRO-B5 have this problem? Any (other) solutions for this?
3) I heard some reports of PRO-B5 being very buggy on release, and a fix was released for it. Is the fix UO or is it by VirtuousFlame and Coldbird? How PRO-B5 now?

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
the feature is described like this: 5g Savestate Anti-Delete Feature (prevents savegame deletion on game resume on PSP Go). looking at the changelogs i didnt see any mention of it back to pro-a4, which means its been around for a while (unless i missed something).

as for others having issues, i cant specifically remember anyone mentioning it. i just did a quick search at /talk (im a regular there) and couldnt find anything. if something comes up ill keep an eye on it for you.

3) I heard some reports of PRO-B5 being very buggy on release, and a fix was released for it. Is the fix UO or is it by VirtuousFlame and Coldbird? How PRO-B5 now?
the fix was official:
http://blog.coldbird.eu/?p=498

phoenixv5

Okay, I'm gonna update asap.
Now I'm running a permanent patched 6.20 pro-b4.
Can I directly update to 6.20 pro-b5 or do I need to (somehow) un-patch it first?

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
hm.... after a bit of reading im still not 100% sure. some people say you can update directly, others say you need to uninstall first. just to be safe i would say try to uninstall it first. from what ive read if you run the permanent patch installer of the version you currently have installed it will present you with an uninstallation option, but apparently you must've backed up vshmain.prx in order to uninstall :confused:

here is a tutorial i was reading, maybe it will help:
http://forums.pspslimhacks.com/tutorials/10976-tutorial-installing-6-20-pro-b-5-permanent.html