• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Achievement score/ranking for Steam?

WuJJ

First, thank you very much for the site. I used to rely on raptr until they pulled out of achievement tracking and I am glad to find exophase doing the same but with much better UI! Even with gamer cards. I saw you have plan to support even more platforms too. Great work!

Back to topic. Both XBOX and PSN have a ranking system for achievements (gamer score and player rank) to distinguish easy achievements from hard ones. Steam doesn't, so after I bought a few achievement games for fun (e.g. Zup!), my ranking is forever padded. :-( I'd rather see a lower but true ranking, but I don't really want to delete the games I actually played either (and Zup is not half bad as a game itself).

Is there any plan to introduce a ranking for achievements? (e.g. achievementstats.com, but that website seems dead to me. Even manual update doesn't work anymore). You already have a rarity ranking for each achievement and with some info on how much effort it takes for game in general (e.g., weigh against howlongtobeat.com), I feel it isn't too far away from getting a picture of how hard each achievement is and assign a score for them.

Sorry if this has come up before. I searched a bit but surprisingly didn't find any. Probably didn't find the right keyword, or maybe I am the only few that cares...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
It's a good suggestion. Yeah, we could take the rarity of each achievement and weigh it against another metric (time to complete seems good) to create a score.

I'm not sure if there's interest, but in doing that we could also create a leaderboard that combines all platforms, with players ranked by the internal score system.

I will have to think on it a bit more, but will consider adding this after I get the next round of updates out (mainly Origin and Battle.net support).

GamingKen

I'd definitely be interested in a score. I currently bounce back and forth between here and TrueSteamAchievements; Exophase being a much neater and visually pleasing system, and TrueSteamAchievements having the score system that I desire. If exophase introduced a score system and I would being able to stop bouncing between the two and make myself at home here.