• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Adobe CS5 is out!!

goo2

Is anybody else hoping that Adobe will stop releasing this to OSX because of this flash ordeal? I am.

TeamOverload

Why would you hope that Adobe would NOT release a product on an operating system? Seems nothing more than a complete fanboyish statement to me.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Why would you hope that Adobe would NOT release a product on an operating system? Seems nothing more than a complete fanboyish statement to me.

Simply because Apple is not permitting flash to be run on their systems, so Adobe could turn around and say that they don't want their product on their OS. It was just a hypothetical type question

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
The Mac market is huge for Adobe. Tons of artists use Photoshop on OSX. No chance of them bailing out just because of one shortsighted decision by Apple.

goo2

;)

lol, there is no need to be suspicious. I'm not a troll. It was a hypothetical question and I actually kind of like macs. It's just that adobe dropping mac support for photoshop is pretty much equivalent to apple dropping flash support. Both could be construed as nonsensical decisions.

Is anybody else hoping that Adobe will stop releasing this to OSX because of this flash ordeal? I am.

That is for just the iPhone, were Apple to cut flash on OS X proper, a lot more people will be complaining.

As a matter of fact, Adobe rolled out an update to Flash Player 10, allowing GPU hardware acceleration, which dramatically increased the performance of flash on OS X.

goo2

Yes, but the iphone is huge a market that is likely to still grow. There are 6.4 million iphone users versus 15 million mac users. A large market of people without access to flash. No to mention developers who code there product with flash in mind being screwed.

Anyways, I'm sorry for dragging this off topic guys.