• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Adobe CS5 is out!!

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Let's get back on subject...

As far as I can tell, while CS5 has launched, it is currently only up for pre-order and it will ship in Mid-May

LocutusEstBorg

Let's get back on subject...

Well the OP did ask if we were going to buy it.

I'm probably only seeing the Indian perspective here. I guess a lot of westerners have the cash to throw around and buy stuff like this just for personal use.

Am I going to buy it? No way in hell. $2200!! I don't think any of you could possibly imagine how much money that is in India. I work as a developer full time from 9 to 6 and I don't earn close to that much IN A YEAR! And that's the net value before living expenses cos I live with my parents. For someone sustaining themselves it would take a good 3-4 years to save up enough to buy this.

Original CS5: Are you insane?!
Original Windows: LOL
Original Office: Double LOL

Trust me, no one is losing anything by some Indian guy pirating software. And don't judge me by my PC. Buying a PC like mine over here is a huge life changing decision that's going to impact your financial status for the next 3 years.

Roe

Not sure if anyone was saying you should buy it. It was just your reasoning behind pirating it that was odd. Pirating software is wrong no matter what way you look at it.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Not sure if anyone was saying you should buy it. It was just your reasoning behind pirating it that was odd. Pirating software is wrong no matter what way you look at it.

Exactly.. I have no beef with people who pirate software like this as the cost is extremely high if you aren't using it for professional purposes, but still, don't try and justify it.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Just out of curiosity, why is the downloadable version more expensive than the physical, boxed and shipped, edition? I would think it would cost them more to press the install disc (that's how they mass produce those discs, right?), box it with all the manuals and good stuff, and then ship it to you than it would be for them to create a web page to download it from with a nice .pdf for the instructions.

No idea, it was just the prices on the UK Adobe website. I thought it was really strange too.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Well looks like it is indeed out and about (the creative suite at least...I just want PS!). Think I'll download it over the weekend when I go home, very limited on bandwidth while at school (so no torrents)

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Still can't get access to the trial downloads, still says "Notify Me". :/

Performance-wise, is there any gain in CS5 over CS4?

Trial isn't out yet to my knowledge. As far as performance gain, I don't think you should expect to see any, CS4 already introduced GPU acceleration

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
There's already a portable version of Adobe Photoshop CS5 so I decided to try it out. Only tried out the content aware fill and have found it to do a good job with some instances, but some others it just failed miserably. It actually managed to remove my entire body from a photo (although at closer inspection you can notice some bad features, but at first glance and from a distance it looked great).

However i tried to remove a box from a picture, a small tissue box, etc. and it proved a little more difficult. For a good result/fill you'll have to have the area around the object to be relatively simple and consistent. If there's a lot going on in the background or it is close to another major object then it might not work so well (which is understandable).

So basically: It works well but is far from the "magic" they're showing off. Sure you can remove a tree, only if the area around it is a clean sky with no other large trees next to it.

Cryox

Bro.
There's already a portable version of Adobe Photoshop CS5 so I decided to try it out. Only tried out the content aware fill and have found it to do a good job with some instances, but some others it just failed miserably. It actually managed to remove my entire body from a photo (although at closer inspection you can notice some bad features, but at first glance and from a distance it looked great).

However i tried to remove a box from a picture, a small tissue box, etc. and it proved a little more difficult. For a good result/fill you'll have to have the area around the object to be relatively simple and consistent. If there's a lot going on in the background or it is close to another major object then it might not work so well (which is understandable).

So basically: It works well but is far from the "magic" they're showing off. Sure you can remove a tree, only if the area around it is a clean sky with no other large trees next to it.
Are you talking about the portable version that is on What? If so glad to see that it is a legit version of CS5. (well not completely legit. close enough)