• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Advantages/Disadvantages to jailbreaking an Ipod Touch

Chaoskeeper56

Pineapple
So, i'm getting an ipod touch soon. Since i love to mod the stuff i buy, I wanted to know if it's worth jailbreaking them, and what dangerous things may happen if I do, and what i should avoid doing on it. The biggest thing i want to know is if once it's bricked while jailbroken, if it's as easy to unbrick like normal.
Thanks.

Archaemic

+ Much more freedom with your device
+ A terminal
+ SSH
+ Full filesystem access
- Voids warranty, unless you don't let Apple know and reinstall the old firmware before filing a warranty claim

I jailbroke my iPhone when purplera1n came out and never looked back.

Jailbreaking an iPod Touch is essentially risk-free, there's very little you can do software-wise that is unfixable. Jailbreaking will give you access to much more powerful apps such as SBSettings, Winterboard, etc. Mine's essentially become a mobile terminal, I can ssh into it and have a OS X like environment ready. It's also completely reversible, so like Archaemic stated, you can go back and undo voiding your warranty.

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
+ Much more freedom with your device
+ A terminal
+ SSH
+ Full filesystem access
- Voids warranty, unless you don't let Apple know and reinstall the old firmware before filing a warranty claim

I jailbroke my iPhone when purplera1n came out and never looked back.

Another minus is that your battery life is lower, and that your iPod's responsiveness is noticeably slower. Still, definately worth it. :tup:

Colm

I want to remove winterboard, but some stuff I need (supreme prefs, etc.) are toggled from within WB. Since I'm not using any themes, is there any way for me to get rid of WB?

Colm

Well, I'm talking about this from a resources point of view.. Apps that I'm not using still running and clogging up the system is making me consider switching back to OFW...