• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC Aion

Soul9656

God Listens to Slayer
Hey guys,

Has anyone else been playing Aion? So far I am loving it. Have to admit, they have taken a lot of ideas from WoW. But it sure is a nice change after playing WoW since 05.

There is still lots of things wrong with the game, most can be ignored though. Lots of bots running around though, but NCsoft has been trying hard to get rid of them.

Currently level 32 Asmodian Assassin on the server Ariel. Not doing to well with money in-game, but my equipment is doing ok!

I thought I would take some screen shots to show you guys how well this game looks, and some of the characters and areas around the game.

This is a zombie from Brusthonin. Brusthonin is very similar to Western Plaguelands from WoW. Most of the southern part of Brusthonin is farmland inhabited by Undead, Rogue Elyos and hunting parties. Very interesting place. Level 20 to begin questing in Brusthonin.

qzq49k.jpg

This little guy is one mean mushroom. These shrooms travel in packs of 2-5, and if you catch aggro, they headbutt you like crazy. Not very hard to kill, but you want to avoid the larger packs. You can find these guys in Northern Morheim. You can also find volcanos, large forests and a massive dry desert in this mixed up zone. Level 20 to begin questing in Morheim.
20a7ygp.jpg

Here we have a very important mob in Aion --- The Guardian Deity General. The General is the boss that you're faction must kill in order to capture a fortress in the Abyss. The Abyss is a massive PvPvE area, packed with members of all 3 factions, and where all 8 fortress's are located. Level 25 to access the Abyss. (My Assassin is standing in front with her wings spread)

15wjloz.jpg

This place is called Beluslan Fortress, and it is located in.. well Beluslan. I dont exactly remember the story, but the fortress was attacked by some kind of weapon, and in order to stop the fortress from crumbling to the ground they found a way using special artifacts to stop time inside the fortress. Wish I would have thought of that when my house burnt to the ground.

zsjvvd.jpg

Primum Fortress in the Abyss. This is the Asmodian starter place in the Abyss. And it is invulnerable to attack due to the huge protective shield that surrounds the island.

70yh5j.jpg

This is Sulfur Fortress, and my second fav fort. Also the home of the Guardian Deity General from the above screen. As you can see, it is pretty small. Most of the forts have long twisty tunnels that dig deep into the ground. The general is at the very bottom floor. This fortress also has a special instance called Sulfur Tree Nest, which is a timed instance and pretty hard.

qywgnm.jpg

Altgard Ice Fortress. This is the first town you begin leveling at once you reach level 10. During the day you can see a huge flying serpent in the sky. And I love the massive steel frame that surrounds the city.

8xk4nk.jpg

Pandaemonium is the capital city on the Asmo~ side. This place is massive. They actually have a teleport from one side to the other because of its size. Inside you will find vendors of all sorts, crafting, banks, hidden alleys, a hidden library and even a Coliseum similar to Gurubashi from WoW.

sbt1c8.jpg

And last for right now, this is my Assassin. If you notice her glasses, that is actually a horrible looking helmet. But thanks to being able to remodel item skins, that horrible helm is now a sexy pair of glasses. All of her equipment has been dyed a light purple, besides her swords.

2a9wpbo.jpg

I have noticed this game is very CPU intensive, and if you cannot run WoW on top GFX, you wont be running this game with anything besides low settings. But I do recommend you give this a shot.

Also, this game is EXTREMELY HARD. If you die from PvE, you actually lose experience which you have to pay to get back. And there is no graveyards, if you die, you return to a bind point in a town that you do get to pick. So if you wonder to far and die, its a long way back.

Im also running this game on max GFX running perfectly at 70fps on Windows 7 ultimate 64bit.

If anyone has any questions about the game, I would be happy to answer. And I have tons more screen shots if anyone would like to see more.

edit--More screens

Morheim Abyss Gate - Every capital city except Pand~ has a gate to the Abyss. This is the one in Morheim Ice Fortress.

se10m8.jpg

Taran's Cavern Volcano - This is a huge volcano that is kind of an outdoor instance. It isn't actually an instance, but you need a full 6 man group to survive inside. It looks just like Molten Core (WoW) inside, but is only about the size of UBRS (WoW). Lots of Boss mobs inside. You can enter this place at about 25+ and can grind your way to 30 inside.

2q2ecra.jpg

Another Volcano I flew by, nothing special about this one.

30ii2xc.jpg

This in the sky is called a Rift. It looks and acts somewhat like a wormhole. I cannot remember why the Rift actually appears. Anyway, every hour or 2 this baby will appear in the sky, and it will announce to everyone in the zone "A Rift to Elysia/Asmodae has appeared". When that happens, a little rift will appear on the ground in a random location. If you find that rift and go inside it, you will be teleported to the other factions side of the map in their area of the same level range. This is the only way to access the other factions zone, and usually huge raid groups from both factions will form up to enter the rift. The rift is sometimes hard to find, but if you look close at the rift, you can see the "spout" of it point towards the northeast. That is the only clue you have to find the little rift, which is obviously to my northeast.

9ihj4w.jpg

I have no idea what this structure is, but it looks pretty cool.

xf5its.jpg

And I thought I would take screens of the map so you guys have more of an idea of the area. You can also see one of the bots to the left of the map.

11ihcoj.jpg

hrx4qs.jpg

As you can see in these following 3 pictures, the map and fortress icons are different colors.

Blue = Asmodian control
Green = Elyos control
Pink = Balaur Control

The little colored dots around the fortress's are Artifacts, and each one has a special power that is very useful to have when capturing a fortress.

Sulfur Fortress is in the top left of this screen.

1zm18qc.jpg

Havent been to the core yet, but I would assume it is the hardest to capture.

2q9dthj.jpg

Asteria Fortress is in the top right corner of this screen. Asteria is the largest and hardest fortress to capture that I have seen so far. Also my fav. But since its under Elyos control I wont be able to post screens of the inside of it. Ill see if I can get close enough to get a good screen of the outside though.

148pspi.jpg

Me traveling to the top layer of the abyss to make a run through Elyos territory to get a screen of Asteria.

2lrg5g.jpg

Cool black hole thing I found in the sky while I was flying to Asteria Fortress. If you notice my combat log on the right side, the red text means there is Elyos in combat close to me.

f9ppw1.jpg

Asteria Fortress - My Fav. You can actually see in this picture how far under ground the Forts go. Asteria is so far the largest, Sulfur Fortress is pretty large though. Like I said earlier, cant go inside due to Elyos control.

25ul8hg.jpg

Below me you can see Primum Fortress and its protective bubble.

4ub01t.jpg

And last for tonight, I took a death to show how much exp I lose at my level, and how much money (called Kinah in this game) it will cost me to get it back. Bottom of the screen.

14maslt.jpg

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy these screens. If anyone is interested ill post some more. And answer questions of course.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
The dying and experience part sounds exactly like FFXI. Which IMO is a good, thing, gives you more incentive not to suck.

I've wanted to play this for a while now. I think sometime After The new year if I find a new job i'll be able to play.

Soul9656

God Listens to Slayer
The dying and experience part sounds exactly like FFXI. Which IMO is a good, thing, gives you more incentive not to suck.

I've wanted to play this for a while now. I think sometime After The new year if I find a new job i'll be able to play.

It does make a big difference actually losing experience when you die. And its done as a percent. So for example, at level 32 I need 8,091,124 exp to level to 33. If I die, I lose somewhere near 180,000 exp. And to buy it back would cost me about 20,000 gold. And grinding I get about 15,000 exp per kill. So it is actually a big loss if you die. And if you cannot pay the soul healer to get the exp back, every time you die, you will get a stackable rez sickness debuff that makes you pretty much useless, and more useless every time you die without paying.

Fun shit.

Oh and it cost me about $100 CAD for the game and a game card. 1 month free + 2 month card.

Soul9656

God Listens to Slayer
Doesn't seem like alot of you are interested in this game, but I thought I would post this teaser to an upcoming content patch.

This patch IS the WoW killer. Sorry, but it is.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltW0IX7Qa6A[/YT]

-Combat system overhaul.
-Large Graphics overhaul.
-Upgraded weather effects including seasons changing.
-Mounts;
-Single player mounts​
-Multi player mounts​
-Combat mounts​
-You can actually go out and tame a wild animal to use as a mount​
-Player Housing
-Completely customizable​
-Decorate inside and outside​
-No word on guild halls (yet) but I would assume its possible​
-TONS of shit can be decorated, really TONS. Inside and out.​
-New skills for all classes
-New weapon types
-Whips​
-Crossbows​
-Some type of shield that turns into a grappling hook.​
-Massive new ground sieges with massive new siege weapons.
-Swimming physics have been finished and added.
-Underwater quest hubs, towns and cities
-?Possible upgrade to directx 11?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
The vision video really is inticing me...but playing a MMO can get really counter-productive...but it looks so prettyyyyy..... D:

Dam you Soul9656...tempting me with your MMO goodness...

Slasher

Suck It
Looks like a pretty interesting game but there's not a chance I would ever dish out the money for the per-month payments similar to WOW. While I certainly have the money to do that, I feel like I can do much better things with my money and time instead of getting hooked on an MMO.

MMO's just aren't my thing :/

Moose

Meta Moose
If this wasn't a pay-monthly thing, I would jump on it instantly. But... it is, so it's a no-go for me. Looks fantastic, though.

Brad

Yoshimi
Hows the lvling process? Does the Game start at 50 (Like WoW you can't do much till your 80). How many 50s can you ballpark are currently on your server?

Looks allot like WoW which I like and some better graphics.

Soul9656

God Listens to Slayer
NCsoft is starting to get the bot problem taken care of. They have banned a total of 27,000 accounts this week alone, and you can sure see it in-game.

Hows the lvling process? Does the Game start at 50 (Like WoW you can't do much till your 80). How many 50s can you ballpark are currently on your server?

Looks allot like WoW which I like and some better graphics.

Leveling is horribly hard once you get above 30, I figure anyway. So far there are a total of 23 actual instanced zones, and many outdoor instance-like zones where you have to group to survive, Similar to Darkwhisper Gorge in Winterspring (WoW). You have access to the rifts at 20+, and Abyss at 25+. So there is alot of gameplay before 50. But I have heard that there is (so far) a lack of end-game, and at the rate I am going, its going to be another 2 months til I find out first hand. As I am writing this at 6:30 am, there are currently 19 level 50 Asmodian's (my faction) online on my server. The economy is going insane due to the massive ban though, prices of everything are starting to shoot up as the price of gold shoots up. The mods on aiononline.com and aionsource.com keep hinting towards a big christmas present, so im going to guess it will be our first big content patch.

The vision video really is inticing me...but playing a MMO can get really counter-productive...but it looks so prettyyyyy..... D:

Dam you Soul9656...tempting me with your MMO goodness...

El Diablo

I thought they had you buy game time in certain hours of actual in game time increments, like 10 hours of game play for x dollars, or did they end up changing that?

Trigun

I finally got to start playing this last month

I've got 2 characters on the Siel Server , A 22 Assassin and a 10 Gladiator and my brother has a 27 Templar and two others.

Soul9656

God Listens to Slayer
I finally got to start playing this last month

I've got 2 characters on the Siel Server , A 22 Assassin and a 10 Gladiator and my brother has a 27 Templar and two others.

I ended up taking a break from Aion. Thinking of starting it back up soon here, and finish my grind to 50. Totally cannot wait for the content updates. The game gets extremely hard during the level 30's, but make sure you guys stick with it. Did you guys go Elyos or Asmodian?

El Diablo

I tried to play this game and got to 25 and just quit, I couldn't get into it as much as I wanted to = \.

Trigun

I ended up taking a break from Aion. Thinking of starting it back up soon here, and finish my grind to 50. Totally cannot wait for the content updates. The game gets extremely hard during the level 30's, but make sure you guys stick with it. Did you guys go Elyos or Asmodian?

Elyos for sure. I'm not fond of Asmo's TBH lol.

And i'm loving every second of this game,I rarely enjoy MMO's besides FFXI ; I enjoy Aion even more than that;

I've got a friend from IRL back home in Cali that my brother and I play with , which makes it even funner.

The community too, is great. It doesn't seem like there is a lot of kids ,pre-teens and teens running around being retarded. Unlike in WoW.

El Diablo

The community too, is great. It doesn't seem like there is a lot of kids ,pre-teens and teens running around being retarded. Unlike in WoW.

Really? The 2 servers I played on the LFG channels were way worse than the Trade channel in WoW and the old LFG channel in WoW.

There was a lot of nice helpful people who helped my noob ass if I had a question, but there were so many trolls and spammers and other pieces of shit. All of the scam whispers and mail trying to hack me got annoying after a while too = \.