• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Animated Card Suggestions

I'm aware that we have/getting a Nintendo Switch Tracking feature. As Nintendo Switch Games lacks a system wide Achievement/Trophy system, I'd like to suggest a few changes to the Animated card options.
  1. Add "Untracked/Manually Added" as a "Game Platform" when picking which platforms to show.
  2. For platforms that lack an Earned Achievement/Trophy but does have game registered (Example: Switch, Untracked/Manually Added): I'd suggest a "hybrid" option to show Games View for said platform, but show Achievements/Games+Achievements based on the user's preferences, for platforms that have Earned Achievements/Trophies.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Those are good ideas, I will implement them soon.

Retodon8

I didn't want to be too much of a bother, so I didn't, but I considered submitting that second idea myself. 👍

Except I would've suggested to automatically make platforms without achievements use the space to show some more games instead. I think the suggested "Hybrid" would be another option next to Games, Achievements, and Both?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I didn't want to be too much of a bother, so I didn't, but I considered submitting that second idea myself. 👍

Except I would've suggested to automatically make platforms without achievements use the space to show some more games instead. I think the suggested "Hybrid" would be another option next to Games, Achievements, and Both?
I was thinking the same, the extra option doesn't seem necessary and we can just default to showing games only if Show Achievements or Show Both is selected when a platform doesn't have achievements.

Retodon8

Not sure if I should create a whole new thread for this, and it's related, so I'll just mention it here. I noticed the Xbox image on my animated gamercard only appears for a relatively short time. I think it's a maths error. I see every delay adds 6 seconds, but then it goes from 42 to 46 seconds (instead of 48). It later goes from 52 to 60, which is 8 seconds, so that's not quite right either. Sorry to be so critical, I mean well. :)