• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Animated Gamer card not working in signature

Echoman

I'm trying to update my signature on cheapassgamer.com and I can't get the animated card to work. I get an error saying "Unable to retrieve signature image dimensions, please try another image.". It works when it's in the editor, but it gives me that error when I save it. Their signature panel limits images to 800x200. When I inspect my card it says the image is 425x142.
So I'm not sure what is going on. I'm not very knowledgeable with writing BBcode, but if there is a way to edit the image size in the code, I'm all for trying it.

Putting my card here for reference

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
The animated card is SVG based and probably fails their image size check because of that - there's multiple images embedded in the URL. I don't think there's anything I could do on my end to get it working there, if they removed the size check for our gamercard URL (card.exophase.com), then it'd likely work.

Last edited:

Echoman

The animated card is SVG based and probably fails their image size check because of that - there's multiple images embedded in the URL. I don't think there's anything I could do on my end to get it working there, if they removed the size check for our gamercard URL (card.exophase.com), then it'd likely work.
Yeah I’m not sure what to think, cause I’ve seen it work with other users signatures on the site. And it works fine in the preview, it just gives me an error when I try to save it. I’ve messaged their site in hopes of a solution. Thanks for your time.