• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Anime/Manga Discussion

Whisper

Logic :(
A thread to discuss your favorite anime/manga and post interesting series you have found.

For me I used to think death note was the ultimate anime. That was until I came across the wonderful/godly series called Code Geass: Lelouch of the rebellion. Who else has watched it?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I was actually going to suggest Code Geass after I saw you enjoyed Death Note. Code Geass and Code Geass R2 never dissapointed me. Seeing how you liked those two I would suggest you take a look at Gundam 00 (currently on its second season in Japan).

Current Animes I'm following:

1) Gundam 00 S2
2) Bleach
3) Naruto Shippuden
4) Vampire Knight Guilty
5) Soul Eater
6) Kurogane no Linebarrels

Some Animes I would recommend:

1) D.Gray Man (have patience with the show, it takes a while to get going)
2) Peacemaker Kurogane
3) 7 Samurai
4) Samurai X
5) Black Cat
6) Black Lagoon
7) Darker than Black
8) Gundam Seed / Destiny
9) Full Metal Alchemist
10) Trigun
11) Cowboy Bebop
12) Ghost in the Shell

EvilSeph

Administrator
Wait, Death Note didn't disappoint you? Spoilers aside. The Ending really ruined the whole anime for me.

Code Geass was good, R2 got a little confusing. So much so, I just stopped watching it for a while (it didn't hold my interest).

gr34t3st

New Age Retro Hippie
My list of Anime in order from most favorite to least favorite:

1. Code Geass
  2. Death Note
  3. Bleach

I'm not a big anime watcher. I only watch on adult swim.

List of Manga in same order:

1. Kamui
  2. Vampire Knight
  3. Trash

Bleach was on top but right now I'm at the episodes with the Bounts. It's pretty crappy compared to the original Soul Society story.

brain

Pew Pew Pew
I just finished watching Blood+, thought it was amazing, only 50 episodes though.

i also enjoyed Elfen Lied, Hellsing and Death Note ^_^

Atm im watching "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni", which is weird, pretty good though :tup:

Noriyuke

I just finished watching Blood+, thought it was amazing, only 50 episodes though.

i also enjoyed Elfen Lied, Hellsing and Death Note ^_^

Atm im watching "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni", which is weird, pretty good though :tup:

Lemme ask all of you this, of course to the ones who enjoy anime, how do you enjoy it? I've had people recommend me websites that let you watch the whole series kinda like youtube, but either megavideo or some other obscure service. I absolutely cannot enjoy anything unless its on my DLP enabled big screen with 1080i enabled and some good divx playback, now I'm sorry to people who might be like "Megavideo dat shit bitch!" i honestly cannot watch anything on my PC anymore.

Anyway, i said that, to say this, anyone have any torrent sites that can give me the whole deathnote series in one big torrent? ************, which is all i use out of laziness, unless i need to find a really old movie, then i go cinemaggedon, has deathnote on an episode basis only, and some arent there. So can anyone please direct me to some fansubs by a quality distributor through direct download or better yet torrent service? it would be appreciated, like seriously.

And oh yeah, hellsing rocks my socks off bro.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Lemme ask all of you this, of course to the ones who enjoy anime, how do you enjoy it? I've had people recommend me websites that let you watch the whole series kinda like youtube, but either megavideo or some other obscure service. I absolutely cannot enjoy anything unless its on my DLP enabled big screen with 1080i enabled and some good divx playback, now I'm sorry to people who might be like "Megavideo dat shit bitch!" i honestly cannot watch anything on my PC anymore.

Anyway, i said that, to say this, anyone have any torrent sites that can give me the whole deathnote series in one big torrent? ************, which is all i use out of laziness, unless i need to find a really old movie, then i go cinemaggedon, has deathnote on an episode basis only, and some arent there. So can anyone please direct me to some fansubs by a quality distributor through direct download or better yet torrent service? it would be appreciated, like seriously.

And oh yeah, hellsing rocks my socks off bro.

Should be able to just search Death Note on any torrent search engine and you shall find all the episodes in one torrent. I love watching Anime when it's in 720p quality but settle for the standard def most of the time. I cannot watch anime being streamed online unless it's something with the same quality as the actually download.

Chathurga

Cowboy Bebop, Trigun and FMA are probably my favourite 3, the first two in English, third in Japanese.
FMA is so awful in English but Bebop is so bad in Japanese. My god Cowboy Bebop was good, it's soundtrack was especially awesome.

Whisper

Logic :(
I've been going to animecrazy for a while, pretty much has everything I want to see w/o viruses.

brain

Pew Pew Pew
I usually download all my anime, in RMVB or AVI.

What do you guys prefer, subbed in english or dubbed english audio?

when i started watching anime, i watched all dubbed, but now i have to have the subbed ones, aha.

:)

eighty4

Having it in subs makes it feel like a job for me. I rather have it dubbed even though those are hard to come by for new Japanese releases.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Having it in subs makes it feel like a job for me. I rather have it dubbed even though those are hard to come by for new Japanese releases.

Uh it's impossible to find dubs for new Japanese releases. I hate people who say Subs make them do too much work. Not only do you get all the original content with fansubs and the way it's supposed to be. I find that watching English Dubs take a lot away from the Animes. The Japanese Voice Actors = excellent. English dubbers = horrible and they just never seem to capture the mood/moment correctly.

After watching Fansubs I can't go back to dubs, unless it's something like Dragonball or Rurouni Kenshin (since I originally watched those all in English)

eighty4

It's definetly not near impoossbile. Almost a week after Bleach releases I would find English subs for the previous episode.

gr34t3st

New Age Retro Hippie
Once I watch an original Japanese version with English subs I can't watch the dubbed. I can't stand it. Some I don't mind such as Code Geass and Death Note but Bleach is one of the worst dubs I have ever watched.

Dan

Contributor
Oh, talking about subs, Dattebayo are to stop subbing Naruto Shippuuden

anyways i watch;
Naruto
Naruto:Shippuuden
Bleach
Blood +
Death Note
Saw a little bit of Full Metal Alchemist

Note: have them bleach fillers stopped yet? y'know the shitty ones with the Princess who moves in next door to Ichigo or something. Haven't watched it lately.

EDIT: [LINK]

Scorned

Cowboy Bebop, Trigun and FMA are probably my favourite 3, the first two in English, third in Japanese.
FMA is so awful in English but Bebop is so bad in Japanese. My god Cowboy Bebop was good, it's soundtrack was especially awesome.

The composer for the soundtrack is legendary, i agree. And those three are some of my favorites in addition to Wolfs Rain and Neon Genesis.

Currently im just watching Blood+, old, but pretty good.

gr34t3st

New Age Retro Hippie
Are they continuing Inuyasha? It got so repetitive and old that I stopped watching but I know they stopped after episode 137 I think? I heard there was talk about continuing but...