• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Anime/Manga Discussion

Bill

I watched Paranoia Agent Yesterday. It took a re-watch to fully appreciate, and I definitely recommend it.

Serideth

Recently watched all of Salaryman Kintar? (was trying to get back into anime a bit) and it was a pretty awesome show. I'm also still watching Bleach, and that's getting pretty sweet now we're back out of those BS fillers. Sometimes I feel like I only watch Bleach because I have invested so much time in it :(

Dan

Contributor
My thoughts exactly. Bleach was the first anime I got into, and I was always having debates whether that, or Naruto was better. Now I know Naruto is more worth it.

:(

Brad

Yoshimi
Always end up dropping Naruto/Bleach for a bit then re picking it up

Currently watching Durarara!! [ANN]. Great watch check it out if you like action, psychological or supernatural plots.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Just got the first and second series's of Gantz, can't wait to get home and watch them all :D I watched the first 4 or 5 episodes when I was younger but forgot about it.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Always end up dropping Naruto/Bleach for a bit then re picking it up

Currently watching Durarara!! [ANN]. Great watch check it out if you like action, psychological or supernatural plots.

I second Brad here. Durarara!! is pure genius and I love it.

Serideth

I just finished EoE. Again. For the millionth time. Albeit not the best anime movie, it is one of my favorites.

As in End of Evangelion?

I thought it was a shit movie but I enjoy watching parts of it, the music is superb, I love Bach.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
You ever watch Baccano![ANN]? Made by the the same studio, such a good show..

I have yet to watch Baccano but after Durarara ends I just might watch it. I remember Durarara has references to Baccano in the first eps.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Looking forward to watching this weeks Bleach I'm so glad we're back off fillers now.

Almost one year of fillers has put off many people of the show... I waited patiently but I know many others who did not.

Serideth

Almost one year of fillers has put off many people of the show... I waited patiently but I know many others who did not.

Yeah, it was insane, the whole last filler arc really disappointed me because I honestly expected Kenpachi to discover his swords name and get bankai :(

Dan

Contributor
The Zanpakuto Arc wasn't that bad in my opinion, much better than the Bount Arc.

Kenpachi doesn't need Bankai, he's brutal enough as it is.

Serideth

The Zanpakuto Arc wasn't that bad in my opinion, much better than the Bount Arc.

Kenpachi doesn't need Bankai, he's brutal enough as it is.

I thought the materialization part was kinda awesome, it's a bit of a bummer we won't see any more of that as it kinda made the less interesting characters cool

xploren

Contributor
I'm watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood at the moment. I loved the original show, so it's cool that I can watch the manga's original storyline now. It's really slowing down these days in a major arc, but it's still quite amazing.

Serideth

I'm watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood at the moment. I loved the original show, so it's cool that I can watch the manga's original storyline now. It's really slowing down these days in a major arc, but it's still quite amazing.

I loved FMA, in fact the first conversation I had with Frozen Ipaq was about how FMA > Bleach, sadly though I couldn't get into FMA: B, I'm not sure why I only saw the first few episodes and it seemed pretty much the same.

xploren

Contributor
I loved FMA, in fact the first conversation I had with Frozen Ipaq was about how FMA > Bleach, sadly though I couldn't get into FMA: B, I'm not sure why I only saw the first few episodes and it seemed pretty much the same.

Yeah, I prefer FMA by miles. You should try to keep watching Brotherhood, the beginning is the same because the manga and the original anime started out similarly. Later on though, it takes a completely different direction.

Serideth

Yeah, I prefer FMA by miles. You should try to keep watching Brotherhood, the beginning is the same because the manga and the original anime started out similarly. Later on though, it takes a completely different direction.

Which episode does it start getting different? I think I might pick it up tonight.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Which episode does it start getting different? I think I might pick it up tonight.

Very early on, not sure what episode though. It's worth watching from the beginning since it's a nice refresher but it doesn't take long to separate itself