• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Anime/Manga Discussion

chrono6456

I just finished code geass. I was watching an episode a day for about the past 50 days, so I can't believe now I don't have anything to watch anymore, anything to look forward to or think about in the code geass universe. Still, it was an amazing series, much better then death note since the main character always had to deal with his own emotions rather than just becoming a soulless killer.

What to watch next, suggestions?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I just finished code geass. I was watching an episode a day for about the past 50 days, so I can't believe now I don't have anything to watch anymore, anything to look forward to or think about in the code geass universe. Still, it was an amazing series, much better then death note since the main character always had to deal with his own emotions rather than just becoming a soulless killer.

What to watch next, suggestions?

Gundam 00 if you haven't already seen it

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I heard about that one, but have never watched any previous gundams before, would I still get it?

Yep, all gundams follow their own story line, the only simularity is the use of the term "gundam" (well that and the fact that there are gundams in the show)

Whisper

Logic :(
Just finished Samurai Champloo. I like how it was a very relaxed anime. Are there anymore like it?

EvilSeph

Administrator
Ahh man, anime... I wish I could find the time to catch up in Bleach and Naruto again... maybe on the weekend...

I've watched Samurai Champloo...but have also watched a whole lot of other anime, so I can't remember what it was about...sorry :x

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Just started watching Higurashi. I recommend it if you are looking for an unsettling anime. If you can get through the first few episodes things start to pick up and get disturbing.

Best plot ever,Higurashi is kinda hard to watch since these events can infact happen in real life.*deaths*
I just finish Rosario + Vampire s1+s2 .

Sullivan

I don't know why, but I never got into anime or dragon ball z stuff.

chrono6456

Just finished Gundam 00. I thought the show was really good generally, one of the best I've seen, both seasons, but the ending left something to be desired. At least there will be a movie that might end it better.

Any more suggestions for another anime?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I mus get those three movies... I heard tons about them...

Brad

Yoshimi
I mus get those three movies... I heard tons about them...

Must Watch Movies imo are..
  • The Place Promised in Our Early Days
  • Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
  • 5 Centimeters per Second - 3 Eps a movie imo

Not action packed lets go kick some ass and blow shit up anime movies. But the story is amazing for all three. The art in the 1st and 3nd is very above average also.

Bill

I just finished EoE. Again. For the millionth time. Albeit not the best anime movie, it is one of my favorites.

Scorned

One of the best movies i've ever watched in general, and that's involving real people films:

The Grave of the Fireflies.

It's pretty highly rated too.

Dan

Contributor
Naruto Spoiler? If so screw you! (FrozenIpaq's Edit, blacked out possible spoiler) [BLACKOUT]]Naruto: Danzou has the sharingan?[/BLACKOUT] Wtf?