• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Anime/Manga Discussion

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Darker than Black is an excellent series. Also look at Ergo Proxy and Last Exile.

If you want something lighthearted, Soul Eater is pretty good too.

+1 on Darker Than Black. Have the first series on DVD. Ergo Proxy was really good too although completely WTF at some points like the quizshow in the middle of the series :\

eldiablov

Contributor
Just watched through the whole of Highschool of the Dead. I thought it was actually good despite the perversion.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Just watched through the whole of Highschool of the Dead. I thought it was actually good despite the perversion.

Yeah, it is good if you can look past the perversion. Just downloaded it in 1080p HD xD

Dan

Contributor
[video=youtube;JbFkZGH0JJw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbFkZGH0JJw[/video]

Yeah, it is a shame about the perviness :p

Adiuvo

I can't get into Baccano. I'm on episode 3 so far and it feels like a chore to watch it.

I finally finished Ergo Proxy though. Past around episode 10 the story really picks up pace and I couldn't stop watching it at that point.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I just finished Monster (english dub) which was pretty good for a Mystery/Action and it had some amazing character development

PR0fessor Burnt

I can't get into Baccano. I'm on episode 3 so far and it feels like a chore to watch it.

I finally finished Ergo Proxy though. Past around episode 10 the story really picks up pace and I couldn't stop watching it at that point.

The first few episodes of Baccano are really confusing but it really starts to pick up in about another 3 episodes I believe.

Adiuvo

I remember watching this on Sci-Fi and finally found it again. It's an awesome series.

[video=youtube;o4wCKA9wiPg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4wCKA9wiPg[/video]

Adiuvo

It really is great. I finally finished it recently and loved the way they switched to sketch in some scenes.

This fight is the best example of that, and honestly one of the better fight scenes I've ever seen. Only thing spoiled in that link is that those two characters fight but the conclusion isn't shown.

PR0fessor Burnt

Finished Samurai Champloo. Great Anime. Ending was very dramatic and [BLACKOUT]at the end I really thought everyone was going to die.[/BLACKOUT]

Dan

Contributor
Naruto is taking the piss, hardly anything happens in it anymore. I think they're trying to build suspense but it's pissing most everyone off.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Yeah It seems like the fillers take up more of the year than the actual episodes do. I mean how long can that sea voyage take?

The reason for the lengthy filler duration is because it is allowing the Manga to get a sizable lead since it was right on the heels of the manga prior to these fillers

Dan

Contributor
I mean about 4 chapters ago it was revealed that [BLACKOUT]the guy in the mask wasn't actually Madara, now all he has to say is, "You'll have to work for it." :([/BLACKOUT]

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
so, i just read all of claymore, is a pretty epic story, I had watched the anime a while back, but i didn't bother to continue with the manga until a few days ago.