• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

AntiUpdate v1 released!

EvilSeph

Administrator
AntiUpdate - v1.0
by Team tOc

AntiUpdate gets rid of the update icon available in the game menu when an UMD is inserted.
It patches the PSP RAM, so there's no flashing needed - ever.
The idea for AntiUpdate came from this tutorial by team FWi: http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=37262
UMD games and homebrew work just fine, like nothing ever happened to your PSP.

The plugin has been tested and confirmed to work on 3.03OE-C, 3.10OE-A and A' and 2.71SE-C.
It shouldn't be dependent on firmware version at all as it searches the memory for the specific bytes
instead of relying in pure memory addresses.

Download: AntiUpdate v1
Also See: Youtube Video - See AntiUpdate in Action!

I have also attached it to this post.

Screenshots:
au_screen.jpg

Attachments

• antiupdate.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 276

EvilSeph

Administrator
Sadly, this is an OE plugin, therefore it wouldn't matter. Sony updates don't work on OE. :)

Thanks for the compliment though :)

kikotampoc

plugin help for 3.10 OE A'

i wanted to install a plugin but i don't know where should i put it, please help, i'm using FW 3.10 OE A'

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i wanted to install a plugin but i don't know where should i put it, please help, i'm using FW 3.10 OE A'

Refer to the readme..

Installation & usage:
1. Copy the antiupdate.prx to seplugins folder of your memory stick.
2. Add ms0:/seplugins/antiupdate.prx to VSH.txt (adding it to game.txt may cause unexpected results)
3. Enable the plugin in Recovery Mode.
4. Enjoy!

To get into recovery mode hold R while turning on your PSP.

kikotampoc

does this mean that i would have to create a folder named seplugins?

* ok i've added a folder seplugins, i already installed the plugins... thanx for your help....