• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Any thoughts on adding Battle.net achievements?

Gamer Steve

Tracking for StarCraft II has been turned on now, so if you've already linked your account, it should show up in your game list now. Let me know if there are any issues!

The Blizzard/Battle.net profiles are live on the site now as well. I'm aware the avatars aren't showing up right now - still undecided how I'm going to display them since they don't have an account wide avatar like the other services, it's specific to each game. I could maybe just randomize it - so for example it would alternate between your WoW or SC2 avatar, thoughts?

Also achievement tracking for World of Warcraft should be added in the coming days, still testing it.

I noticed the achievement listing page for SC2 loads a bit slowly also, mainly because there are 1000+ different achievement images. I think I'll make it so it only loads the images as you scroll down to alleviate that.
Wow awesome job man :D

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yeah, getting closer :) Have just a few more things to test before enabling the tracking for WoW, should be ready by tomorrow.

Gamer Steve

So with the tracking to wow up does that mean we will have another account added to our profiles for battle net or blizzard... Just like steam psn and xbox and origin are displayed? And is Google Play next?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Oh really I checked early let check again

Yeah although I don't see it showing up on yours for some reason. Try unlinking and linking your profile again.

And yes, I plan on looking at Google Play next.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
My blizzard has not shown up on my profile yet I have unlinked it and relinked it but nothing

Looking into it, there's something strange going on. The Blizzard API is returning a blank battle tag for your account. It hasn't happened to anyone else either - very odd.

I'm going to contact Blizzard and see what they say.

Gamer Steve

Looking into it, there's something strange going on. The Blizzard API is returning a blank battle tag for your account. It hasn't happened to anyone else either - very odd.

I'm going to contact Blizzard and see what they say.
Appreciate it I'll check my blizzard account as well. Do u think it has anything to do with it being a new account? I had to create a new one cuz I forgot my old password and user name

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Appreciate it I'll check my blizzard account as well. Do u think it has anything to do with it being a new account? I had to create a new one cuz I forgot my old password and user name

That might be it actually. Are there are any games on the account yet? I can't remember if the battle tag is set during registration or you have to create one later.

I'll also try creating a new account myself and see if I can reproduce this.

Gamer Steve

That might be it actually. Are there are any games on the account yet? I can't remember if the battle tag is set during registration or you have to create one later.

No there is no games linked to the account yet

Gamer Steve

I will try to make a name tag and see

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Gamer Steve

It looks like that worked, I see the Blizzard tab showing on your profile now.
yes I had to make a battle tag lol so is Wow the only game that is tracking at the moment for the blizzard...not that I'm complaining I need to start wow now lol really loving the work u r doing. So how do you think google plus is gonna work?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
WoW achievement tracking has been turned on now :) Still working on getting the avatars up - my plan is to add a dropdown on the main profile as suggested, and on page load a random avatar from one of your characters will be shown.

yes I had to make a battle tag lol so is Wow the only game that is tracking at the moment for the blizzard...not that I'm complaining I need to start wow now lol really loving the work u r doing. So how do you think google plus is gonna work?

StarCraft 2 as well. I'm looking at adding Overwatch possibly, Blizzard doesn't currently offer an API for it but looks like there a third party one that will allow us to get the achievements at least.

Hopefully will have an update on Google Play later next month. It looked feasible to add - I'm not sure if Google has changed things with the API in the latest Android version though so we'll see.

Last edited:

Gamer Steve

WoW achievement tracking has been turned on now :) Still working on getting the avatars up - my plan is to add a dropdown on the main profile as suggested, and on page load a random avatar from one of your characters will be shown.

StarCraft 2 as well. I'm looking at adding Overwatch possibly, Blizzard doesn't currently offer an API for it but looks like there a third party one that will allow us to get the achievements at least.

Hopefully will have an update on Google Play later next month. It looked feasible to add - I'm not sure if Google has changed things with the API in the latest Android version though so we'll see.
Nice can't wait for the updates

U2NUMB

So does Blizzard only have 2 of their games on the achievement system? I can find articles going back 8+ years saying they planned on adding them to every game.

I own all their games just hardly play them... no idea why I just like their vibe so I buy it early and then drop off but achievements showing up here for their games can drive me to play more.