• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Any thoughts on adding Battle.net achievements?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
So does Blizzard only have 2 of their games on the achievement system? I can find articles going back 8+ years saying they planned on adding them to every game.

I own all their games just hardly play them... no idea why I just like their vibe so I buy it early and then drop off but achievements showing up here for their games can drive me to play more.

I believe pretty much all their games after Warcraft 3 have achievements now. They only offer achievement APIs for two of them at the moment though.

Blizzard devs said an API for HotS and Overwatch is planned, so I'll definitely be able to add those when that happens. Maybe sooner on Overwatch, I'm looking at just using a third party API for that (presumably, it just scrapes the website for info - not ideal but it'll work).

Diablo 3 I know has achievements but as far as I can see the website doesn't display them anywhere, so haven't found any third party API for that one.

Deepo

This is very cool, but it's showing up as 0 achievements for me, even though I have quite a few. I had a look at the Blizzard APIs now; are you only using the US API? I have 1 character on the US servers with no achievements, and 2 on the EU servers with plenty, so maybe that's why I'm seeing 0?

Anyway, I really appreciate the effort! :)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
We are scanning all regions. I figured it out - seems it was just an issue with how spaces were being handled in some of the character names. Looks like your achievements are showing now :)

Deepo

Well, how's that for quick support, thank you!

Didn't have as many achievements on WoW as I thought though. :oops: Need to get on that!

U2NUMB

I believe pretty much all their games after Warcraft 3 have achievements now. They only offer achievement APIs for two of them at the moment though.

Blizzard devs said an API for HotS and Overwatch is planned, so I'll definitely be able to add those when that happens. Maybe sooner on Overwatch, I'm looking at just using a third party API for that (presumably, it just scrapes the website for info - not ideal but it'll work).

Diablo 3 I know has achievements but as far as I can see the website doesn't display them anywhere, so haven't found any third party API for that one.

Makes total sense.. thanks for the info!

OPuni

This is very cool, but it's showing up as 0 achievements for me, even though I have quite a few. I had a look at the Blizzard APIs now; are you only using the US API? I have 1 character on the US servers with no achievements, and 2 on the EU servers with plenty, so maybe that's why I'm seeing 0?

Anyway, I really appreciate the effort! :)

Mhhh... i have the same problem here. 0 achievements for WOW.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Mhhh... i have the same problem here. 0 achievements for WOW.

I think I fixed it. Wasn't picking up achievements earned in a guild

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Blizzard achievments could be appear on gamecrad one day ?
Yes, I'm prepping an update that will include this and support for Overwatch achievement tracking. In the final stages of testing, so should be added later this weekend.

Edit: Going to be a few more days probably. Ran into some minor issues with the Overwatch tracking that I need to sort out

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Overwatch achievement tracking has been enabled now, please let me now if there are any issues. The only limitation with it is that we can't get timestamp data currently. Also Blizzard games will show up on the gamercards now.

I realize the avatars are still broken (sorry), will be pushing out a fix for that later today.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
what about Diablo 3? I notice that is missing?
Haven't found a way to get the achievement data for Diablo 3. I don't think the data is exposed anywhere actually. Blizzard's API for it is limited to character stats only, and the official web site doesn't seem to display any achievement info either.

If they expand the API support in the future, I'll certainly add it. For now though doesn't look possible.