• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 Anyone looking to buy a 360?

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Hey,
I have a spare 360 here and wish to sell it...
I was given it with 3 red rings by a guy from school while it was still in Microsoft warranty (I told him this, but he had already bought a new one so didn't mind) so I sent it to Microsoft and it's been repaired.
So it still has over 2 years of warranty for red ringing.
However, I can flash it to iXtreme LT, the newest and supposedly undetectable hacked firmware so that you could play games burnt to a dual layer DVD+R. I would try to take the warranty sticker off without breaking it as I did with mine. My personal 360 has been on LT for about half a year and I haven't heard of any 360s being banned having just been on LT.
Other people not looking to buy it but who ended up reading this - what do you think is the best thing to do? Sell it as is or flash it?

Thanks,
El Xando

Joey

Hey,
I have a spare 360 here and wish to sell it...
I was given it with 3 red rings by a guy from school while it was still in Microsoft warranty (I told him this, but he had already bought a new one so didn't mind) so I sent it to Microsoft and it's been repaired.
So it still has over 2 years of warranty for red ringing.
However, I can flash it to iXtreme LT, the newest and supposedly undetectable hacked firmware so that you could play games burnt to a dual layer DVD+R. I would try to take the warranty sticker off without breaking it as I did with mine. My personal 360 has been on LT for about half a year and I haven't heard of any 360s being banned having just been on LT.
Other people not looking to buy it but who ended up reading this - what do you think is the best thing to do? Sell it as is or flash it?

Thanks,
El Xando
I'd flash it, so I would have one legit 360 for online play, and one to play pirated shit.

I'd love to have a flashed 360, but I can't even afford to buy a power brick for the 360 I have :/

Moose

Meta Moose
I'd flash it, so I would have one legit 360 for online play, and one to play pirated shit.

I'd love to have a flashed 360, but I can't even afford to buy a power brick for the 360 I have :/

I have a spare 360 power brick. Where abouts do you live? The shipping might be quite expensive but I'd be willing to go halves.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
So do you guys think flashing it is the way I could get most money for selling it?
It's a Liteon drive but I don't know what revision of it and can't without opening the Xbox, but some without some sort of Connectivity Kit might not be able to flash the drive.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"

Joey

I have a spare 360 power brick. Where abouts do you live? The shipping might be quite expensive but I'd be willing to go halves.

Aren't you in the UK? I don't think it would work with my machine. I'm in Austin, TX.

Joey

Silly me, I didn't think about the different sockets/voltages.

Yeah. I can't believe how hard it is to find a new brick. I've been to every game store in Austin, and not a single one has any.

Actually, I can't believe I lost the damn thing. Fucking bullshit.

Moose

Meta Moose
Yeah. I can't believe how hard it is to find a new brick. I've been to every game store in Austin, and not a single one has any.

I'd be surprised if you haven't already checked, but they relatively cheap on eBay FYI.

Joey

When did you move?

About a month ago. I didn't think it was possible to be any more miserable, but I found a way. Living with no money apparently sucks more when you're in a strange place.

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

I'd be surprised if you haven't already checked, but they relatively cheap on eBay FYI.

Prepare to be surprised, but I never checked until now. There's nothing relative about it, they're way cheaper on there. Wasn't expecting that.

I haven't seen them for less than $40 anywhere else. Thanks for that, as stupid as it may seem.

Robby

Los Doyers!
To flash any liteon you need some sort of probe to get the key.
The newest revision of liteon requires you to do some cutting of the trace board and some soldering, I suspect you have that one because they started putting the newest liteon revision last August.
It is a relatively easy task, easier then it sounds. I have no experience in anything like this and on my first time with a tutorial, I was able to have my xbox flashed to LT 1.1

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran

I have an extra power brick if you want it. It's not like I have a 360.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
To flash any liteon you need some sort of probe to get the key.
The newest revision of liteon requires you to do some cutting of the trace board and some soldering, I suspect you have that one because they started putting the newest liteon revision last August.
It is a relatively easy task, easier then it sounds. I have no experience in anything like this and on my first time with a tutorial, I was able to have my xbox flashed to LT 1.1

Actually the first 8xxxx revision requires nothing but a simple flash, no probing or soldering :)

Joey

I have an extra power brick if you want it. It's not like I have a 360.

I'd love it, but I'm broke.

Also, is it the newer one? The one with two prongs? I think it's 175w or something like that.

Let me know, and I'll see if I can scrape a few dollars together.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Actually the first 8xxxx revision requires nothing but a simple flash, no probing or soldering :)

The first revision of liteons was the 7c series and that needed a probe, never done a 8c but I'm pretty sure it does too as both 7c and 9c requred something to take out the key.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
The first revision of liteons was the 7c series and that needed a probe, never done a 8c but I'm pretty sure it does too as both 7c and 9c requred something to take out the key.

Nope trust me mine it an early 8c and didn't need a probe :)
It was as simple as a BenQ :)

Robby

Los Doyers!
Nope trust me mine it an early 8c and didn't need a probe :)
It was as simple as a BenQ :)

Oh early 8c, thats probably why. I think 8c had 2 versions, the later being released in august which was a pain.
But the service date on this xbox was from this year and don't they swap the guts for RROD? So you may have the newest liteon drive in it.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Oh early 8c, thats probably why. I think 8c had 2 versions, the later being released in august which was a pain.
But the service date on this xbox was from this year and don't they swap the guts for RROD? So you may have the newest liteon drive in it.

Probably :)
I'd be happy if it were the early 8c though :p
If I do flash it to sell it.