• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Anyone tried Android?

Acerthief

Apple just really isn't my thing, no offense XD
I kind of want to try Android, seems pretty nice, except for the media functions, but I do believe you can download third-party media players to solve that problem.

Getting a phone soon, and I'm going for a touch screen.
Any advice?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Would of suggested an iPhone buuuuut. :p
Honestly though, I've had mine for nearly two years and I still love it. Media functions matter a lot to me since I listen to music all the time and I've got a ridiculous amount of good games on my iPhone like Super Monkey Ball 2, Space Invaders Infinity Gene, Minigore, Hook Champ...the list goes on. :D

Hehe, ok, enough of that
/Apple sales guy pitch

The HTC HD2 looks like a nice phone. It'll apparently be getting a free upgrade to Windows Mobile 7 as well but it only runs 6.5 atm
http://www.redmondpie.com/htc-hd2-to-get-windows-mobile-7-upgrade-9140128/

Acerthief

I had tried to convince myself with getting an iPhone, but there are too many people using iphones around (like 8 in my class) and I wanna go for something different (my usual move, being different, and brag XD)

HD2 is HUGE, lol. I also forgot to mention my budget is around 450USD, and Taiwan here costs 680.

Still kind of want Android XD. All my internet stuff is stuck with google apps <3.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Arguably the best Andriod phone is the Nexus One but it's priced at US$529. :\

XsavioR

Nexus 1 hands down.

Big fan of google. Huge even. I am waiting for a Nexus one for sprint. ATT are bastards and gouge their customers. Tmobile wants me to pay full price for a phone on contract.

Sprint wants 50 $

No biggie im patient. it will come soon enough.

HD2 is a test platform. Its HUGE size wise. Hd screen, flash on the camera, 5 mpixel camera , its nice dont get me wrong but any 3g phone is as of a month ago, outdated .

The phone it is a test platform for is called the HTC EVO and is nearly identical, also ginormous, Key difference is lack of the bugs found in the HD2, and it is a 4g phone , and it is for sprint. It should be here by the end of summer. If the hd2 floats your boat (lord knows its got the surface area for boyancy) then wait 3 or 4 months and get the EVO .

Tmobile is super competitive for family plans for single plans they are slightly more expensive then sprint , If you have poor credit they gouge you on the phone cost.

Att, are bs .

Sprint has super competitive rates , and not because they got undercut on prices. They do it because they are a good company. They lead in 4G, They led in unlimited plans you could afford, Give them a look.

My 2 cents.