• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Anyone want to make a game together?

shadowforte

Alright, so I want to make a game. The whole problem is I suck at programing. I got some ideals and I am great with art, so if anyone would want to make a game let me know and we can talk some more.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Have you ever messed with the RPG Maker programs? I'm pretty good with those, I can do almost anything, but I REALLY can't draw, so if you're lookin to make an RPG then I'd be on it, if ya want.

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
O.O I'm sorry for the delay in reply. I wouldn't mind making an action adventure game. Anyone remember Descent 3? What about a sequal under a new name? :smile: I'm learning Visual C#. I want to at the very least, make a tech demo. :biggrin:

shadowforte

I checked out some clips, and it looks good. let's make a game with the same gameplay type, but a new storyline. I can do the writing for the storyline, the music, the art and some voice over. I will get to work tonight.

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
I checked out some clips, and it looks good. let's make a game with the same gameplay type, but a new storyline. I can do the writing for the storyline, the music, the art and some voice over. I will get to work tonight.

O.O I think it'll be interesting to see where this will lead over time. Please bear in mind that I'm an amateur programmer, I have very little programming knowledge currently. I'm getting the Microsoft XNA package which should help with the development of the game as Microsoft's XNA libraries were made specifically for making games. :smile: It'll be some time before we get even an alpha demo working but I hope that we'll be able to stick with it. :smile:

As far as starting tonight, by all means, take your time I'm not rushing you, I'll need some time. O.O

shadowforte

Oh it's all good. When I said I am starting tonight, I just said that because I have alot of things in my head that I can come up with, and I had nothing to do :)

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
Oh it's all good. When I said I am starting tonight, I just said that because I have alot of things in my head that I can come up with, and I had nothing to do :)

Oh, I see. Okay. Cool. Let me know what you come up with sometime so we can make headway. :biggrin: I have some photos of concept ships I wouldn't mind using for the tech / alpha demo. :smile:

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
hey when the game finish can i test it plz i know it goona be a cool game i luv rpg games

Yeah, I wonder how his RPG will turn out. :smile:

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
Whichever you want bro. It's up to you. I'm still puttering away at trying to make a "Descent: Next" tech demo. XP

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
:-( *cries*

Nah, it's all good, man.