• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[APP] We Rule

AndyMosh

2 Cups Win, 1 Cup Lulz.
img0103c.png
img0104f.png
img0105w.png
img0106f.png

We Rule is a game for the iPhone and iPod Touch developed by ngmoco:) who are a well known company for doing FREE games for the platform, many criticize it for being a FarmVille replica, and in a way it is, growing crops anyway, but theres a lot more to We Rule than just crops, you can upgrade your castle to get more land and build shops and houses, to charge tax.

The best feature about this game is it features Plus+ which bring people together in the game, you can request your friend to do tasks, which get you both xp and money for each of you, then again it is a bit unstable, with connection being on and off but most of the time it is decent.

Two bugs people have experienced so far is you have to have your time set to 24 hour, or else the timers in game won't function properly and friends might not show up on your WeRule homescreen.

I think this is by far one of the best multiplayer games so far and for anyone who has it, feel free to add me and my kingdom with the name: moshandy

AndyMosh

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
In last weeks episode of Diggnation ( Revision3 > Diggnation ) Kevin Rose said a few words about this game and all were very positive. Heck, even Jimmy Fallon has the game and plays it. Just from those two endorsements, and now Andy Mosh I think it's a game worthy of trying. Sadly I won't be able to play it, my iTouch has been dead for a while and won't be getting an iPhone...ever :p

AndyMosh

2 Cups Win, 1 Cup Lulz.
In last weeks episode of Diggnation ( Revision3 > Diggnation ) Kevin Rose said a few words about this game and all were very positive. Heck, even Jimmy Fallon has the game and plays it. Just from those two endorsements, and now Andy Mosh I think it's a game worthy of trying. Sadly I won't be able to play it, my iTouch has been dead for a while and won't be getting an iPhone...ever :p

Thats a shame Ipaq :( what happened to your touch? and its a good game when it works definitely just needs a few updates to get it stable :)

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Thats a shame Ipaq :( what happened to your touch? and its a good game when it works definitely just needs a few updates to get it stable :)

It just started crapping out with the WiFi at first and then the battery slowly died to the point where it won't turn on anymore or hold a charge. Tried to get Apple to fix it but they wanted $40 for shipping so I decided against it. Could replace the battery myself but it's no easy process either. I'm getting a Droid Incredible soon so I'll be on Android.

It's funny, OSX is not a gaming platform but the iPhone OS is turning out to be a very nice gaming platform with a wide variety of games. Granted, I will never think of it as a dedicated gaming platform but it's gaming variety, quality and catalog is much better than Androids.

Just wish some developers would try to make some form of cross-platform play, granted it would require a lot of work (two development platforms) but I think it could be done if there was a dedicated server to communicate between the two versions of the game. Cross-platform gaming should come mainstream, but companies don't want you to have a choice of the platform and need the exclusives so we probably won't see it....just annoying that's all.

eldiablov

Contributor
Just wish some developers would try to make some form of cross-platform play, granted it would require a lot of work (two development platforms) but I think it could be done if there was a dedicated server to communicate between the two versions of the game. Cross-platform gaming should come mainstream, but companies don't want you to have a choice of the platform and need the exclusives so we probably won't see it....just annoying that's all.

I'm pretty sure it's a one sided thing when it comes to the iPhone and Android. Google would accomodate it imo.

AndyMosh

2 Cups Win, 1 Cup Lulz.
I realise my last post looked moronic, but what is there to achieve?

Is there a goalset etc?

Haha, goal is to be the best really, no quests or stuff on this game, just to improve. :)

It just started crapping out with the WiFi at first and then the battery slowly died to the point where it won't turn on anymore or hold a charge. Tried to get Apple to fix it but they wanted $40 for shipping so I decided against it. Could replace the battery myself but it's no easy process either. I'm getting a Droid Incredible soon so I'll be on Android.

It's funny, OSX is not a gaming platform but the iPhone OS is turning out to be a very nice gaming platform with a wide variety of games. Granted, I will never think of it as a dedicated gaming platform but it's gaming variety, quality and catalog is much better than Androids.

I'm guessing you got a 1st gen? :p And Android is looking good, especially the Incredible but not for gaming and apps like the iPhone, i'm planning on getting the iPhone 4g next year :) and good point but I think the Mac OSX platform was for people into media/editing where as Apple decided to make the market for the iPod and iPhone very general, and consumer friendly, and i'm assuming you didn't see the guy from Adobe who made an application that worked on all platforms using the exact same code? :)

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Haha, goal is to be the best really, no quests or stuff on this game, just to improve. :)

I'm guessing you got a 1st gen? :p And Android is looking good, especially the Incredible but not for gaming and apps like the iPhone, i'm planning on getting the iPhone 4g next year :) and good point but I think the Mac OSX platform was for people into media/editing where as Apple decided to make the market for the iPod and iPhone very general, and consumer friendly, and i'm assuming you didn't see the guy from Adobe who made an application that worked on all platforms using the exact same code? :)

I saw that, he used Adobe Air if I recall properly, which is very promising but it is limited by Air's capability and not the iPhones (meaning more restrictive). Would really love to see a cross-platform board game of some sort (chess, checkers, etc.)

AndyMosh

2 Cups Win, 1 Cup Lulz.
I saw that, he used Adobe Air if I recall properly, which is very promising but it is limited by Air's capability and not the iPhones (meaning more restrictive). Would really love to see a cross-platform board game of some sort (chess, checkers, etc.)

I thought it was great, looks like a good thing for the future :) and maybe use flash for the iphone side of gaming, Air will be improved most likely to deal with the capabilities i think.