• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Apple new voice-enabled iPod shuffle

Cryox

Bro.
I think Apple made a mistake with this. i don't even see a Next button on there, (unless that is on the headphones.)

i think i will stick with my 2gb First Gen Nano. (yeah i know it's small in size :( )

Seth

MD Party Room
I think Apple made a mistake with this. i don't even see a Next button on there, (unless that is on the headphones.)

i think i will stick with my 2gb First Gen Nano. (yeah i know it's small in size :( )

It on the headphones.

Cryox

Bro.
thebeastlyboy15 said:

i think i will stick with my 2gb First Gen Nano. (yeah i know it's small in size )It on the headphones.
It on the headphones.

yeah that is what i thought...

twelve

I'm not dead

The link in the first post says it all.

Play/Pause - click once
Next - double click
Previous - triple click

And here's the full controls (messy and badly formatted as it's meant to be laid out in an interactive way):

Apple - iPod + iTunes - Page Not Found

Seth

MD Party Room
yeah that is what i thought...

The link in the first post says it all.

Play/Pause - click once
Next - double click
Previous - triple click

And here's the full controls (messy and badly formatted as it's meant to be laid out in an interactive way):

Apple - iPod + iTunes - Page Not Found

Just edited my post to add the a picture to show the controls.I really hope they package something like this with the ipod shuffle other wise people might never understand how to use it.

139333-shufflecontrols_original.jpg

Joey

This is so stupid... At this point, just put a really small LCD on the damn thing.

I don't see why this feature is getting so much attention across the internet... Oh, right... It's Apple. I forgot. It's nothing short of a revolution.

Scorned

Now this is when I would buy a different product other than Apple. Why would I pay the same price for an iPod THAT HAS NO SCREEN, when I can get another brands mp3 player for cheaper, with a screen.

Why would you need a screen when all you want to do is Shuffle?

Irony has it, that thats the name of the product, so who would've guessed you would mainly be shuffling.

But personally, im not a huge fan of this shuffle. Now i feel inclined to buy a current shuffle before they put the new ones on the shelf yet.
The concept also reminds me a bit of the Onion's parody of Apple with the "Macbook Wheel".

_Syn

Apple should've just released the headphones. I'm pretty sure they just did this to sell headphones as they aren't selling any. There are many earphones out there that are just plainly better than the $40 Apple Earphones that come with our devices "for free". Damn it, there's never anything free in the world. To get the earphones, you pay for the device (you still spent money, which means it was never free). :(

Sullivan

Wow, so this is even more interesting, apple is making you use there earbuds, maybe some cheap 3rd party will make some, but say good buy to your hq headphones.

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM EST ----------

Checky checky:

Replacing the ipod shuffles headphones - Hack a Day

twelve

I'm not dead
I've ordered one of these now. Should arrive by Friday.

I also found out that you can use any headphones right out of the box. You wont be able to play/pause, skip forward/back, fast forward, rewind or change volume tho. Basically as soon as you turn it on it starts playing. Which is exactly what I want it to do.

I'll have to use the apple headphones at least once tho to set the volume as my headphones don't have inline volume controls. After that I'll be set until a adaptor comes out.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
I've ordered one of these now. Should arrive by Friday.

I also found out that you can use any headphones right out of the box. You wont be able to play/pause, skip forward/back, fast forward, rewind or change volume tho. Basically as soon as you turn it on it starts playing. Which is exactly what I want it to do.

I'll have to use the apple headphones at least once tho to set the volume as my headphones don't have inline volume controls. After that I'll be set until a adaptor comes out.

You see guys? Even though most people (including me) would never use it, these are the exception. (sorry to use you as an example twelve :blushing:)

There are certain people that these will appeal to. :closedeyes:

twelve

I'm not dead
Apples pictures don't do justice to how small this thing is. Mainly because it's a hand and they can differ in size so much.

Here's some comparison shots I took:
IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1310.jpg