• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Apple's iPod event set for September 9th

Joey

Were there even any hardware changes to the 'new' ipod touch(32GB and 62GB)

No, which is why i'm wondering why Engadget is calling it the "iPod Touch 3G"... Tongue in cleekly, of course, but still... That gives the impression that it's more than just more memory.

Cryox

Bro.
No, which is why i'm wondering why Engadget is calling it the "iPod Touch 3G"... Tongue in cleekly, of course, but still... That gives the impression that it's more than just more memory.

Ah-found it. Just went back through apple.com and found this:
The new iPod touch [32 and 64 GB models] is up to 50 percent faster than the previous-generation iPod touch. So apps launch faster and web pages load in a fraction of the time.
The new 32GB and 64GB iPod touch models feature improved performance and support for OpenGL ES Version 2.0, which lets developers create games with superior graphics. So games launch noticeably faster, and you experience richer, more lifelike textures and detail.
So, I guess there were some hardware improvements?

Seth

MD Party Room

Umm they upgraded to the same CPU as the iPhone 3GS..

Moose

Meta Moose
Did they specify the camera specification for the Nano?

EDIT:
H.264 VGA video, 640 by 480 pixels, up to 30 frames per second with AAC audio

15 real-time special effects: Sepia, Black and White, X-Ray, Film Grain, Thermal, Security Cam, Cyborg, Bulge, Kaleido, Motion Blur, Mirror, Light Tunnel, Dent, Stretch, and Twirl

Robby

Los Doyers!
Well I just ordered a 64gb ipod touch.

Seth

MD Party Room
Rich man!

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM EST ----------

Lulz iPhone 3.1 has been jailbroken

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Looks like I'm going to plan B for the camera...I'll have to wait till my contract expires with Bell and go with rogers/fido and just get next year's iPhone.

Although I don't really like my first generation iPod Touch...the thing keeps crashing apps (not just cracked ones, but things like mail and safari too.

eighty4

iTunes 9 adds loads of shit.

App management, Home sharing, buying without viewing a page on iTunes, full scree iTunes store, organized file folders, and finally iTunes LP.