• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

applications not working

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
Well i just found out something else i hate about vista.

Soo here we go

I purchased some software that requires me to put in a serial code to activate it.

when i put in the code it says thank you for registering your product (because i put it in correctly)

but after that it acts like i didnt put in the code and asked for it again wtf is hat about.

Sooo any ideas.

twelve

I'm not dead
Why is that a reason to hate Vista?

If anything it's a reason to hate the software. Get in contact with whoever made the software.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
i was able to use them on my desktop wich has xp just not on my laptop wich has shitsta(vista)

EvilSeph

Administrator
I'm with twelve on this one. The same thing applies to any operating system, new versions come out and applications are rendered unusable until an update is released. How is this any different with Vista?

I really don't see why people put down Vista when they really have no reason to. It is not Microsoft's responsibility to update 3rd party software.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
I'm with twelve on this one. The same thing applies to any operating system, new versions come out and applications are rendered unusable until an update is released. How is this any different with Vista?

I really don't see why people put down Vista when they really have no reason to. It is not Microsoft's responsibility to update 3rd party software.

Well i think it is microsoft tryin to get me to update.

i have another pc with vista ultimate 64bit and they work when i run as winfows xp under properties but not on my home premium 32bit. (i use 32bit on my laptop because it boots up faster.)

EvilSeph

Administrator
Well i think it is microsoft tryin to get me to update.

i have another pc with vista ultimate 64bit and they work when i run as winfows xp under properties but not on my home premium 32bit. (i use 32bit on my laptop because it boots up faster.)

How on earth is SOMEONE ELSE that isn't Microsoft refusing to update their software MICROSOFT trying to get you to update? Your point does not make ANY sense AT ALL.

Also, if that is the only reason you are using 32bit over 64bit, then you're not aware of the benefits of using 64bit.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh

How on earth is SOMEONE ELSE that isn't Microsoft refusing to update their software MICROSOFT trying to get you to update? Your point does not make ANY sense AT ALL.

Also, if that is the only reason you are using 32bit over 64bit, then you're not aware of the benefits of using 64bit.

not the only reason there are other reasons i am not in the liberty to discuss.

but it works on 64bit and not on 32bit.