• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

(Appstore Game) Organic Blocks (WIP)

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Is your team taking any steps to stop this from being pirated?

At this point, that's almost impossible since this is a game that does not require internet access.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
At this point, that's almost impossible since this is a game that does not require internet access.

It's actually possible. Yes, this game might not require net access, but there is a way to do it. You would need to use a coded checker which would then send a jailbroken device's identifier number (UUID) to the developer's server. This could then be used to do any number of things. If the checker finds that the app has indeed been cracked (using a special method) then steps can be taken to disallow gameplay. An example would be someone setting up a UIView colored white with a message saying something like "Please *buy* our application" that pops up every couple seconds of app use. It all depends on how the developer wants to enable it, if it is wanted. However, this basic "protection" can be removed by the more skilled crackers.

Vee

It's actually possible. Yes, this game might not require net access, but there is a way to do it. You would need to use a coded checker which would then send a jailbroken device's identifier number (UUID) to the developer's server. This could then be used to do any number of things. If the checker finds that the app has indeed been cracked (using a special method) then steps can be taken to disallow gameplay. An example would be someone setting up a UIView colored white with a message saying something like "Please *buy* our application" that pops up every couple seconds of app use. It all depends on how the developer wants to enable it, if it is wanted. However, this basic "protection" can be removed by the more skilled crackers.

Thats what he's saying, the game needs to use the internet to be able to prevent piracy. You've just described how it would do that. Is there any method that could be used, to stop a cracked version of the game being used on a offline jailbroken device?

madsoul

we havent thought of any fix that prevents piracy yet. for me its kinda silly since i myself sometimes "try before i buy" since its so simple. but from my experience its easy for the crackers to go around the fixes anyways. like with the game Edge. they had a protection that fastly got cracked in just some days.

but im sure we would sell some anyways. :) i think this game has alot of potential since InsertWittyName is so damn good at the coding. he makes i so high quality.

eighty4

If you want to do the most you can to help yourself grow you should seek help from the crackers, rather than try your hardest to fight them off. They always find new ways and then it ends up not working out. You can try becoming a member on hackulo.us and try to get good vibes off them and start promoting your app there. The members there will become fond of you and then Kyek might not allow your app to be uploaded to the site. It's happened with two apps in the past.

Vee

If you want to do the most you can to help yourself grow you should seek help from the crackers, rather than try your hardest to fight them off. They always find new ways and then it ends up not working out. You can try becoming a member on hackulo.us and try to get good vibes off them and start promoting your app there. The members there will become fond of you and then Kyek might not allow your app to be uploaded to the site. It's happened with two apps in the past.

Good idea, but why would they help someone to prevent cracking their application?

After all, its in their best interest to be able to crack and share his application.

eighty4

It is, but when that user has the ability to go buy a card with like 10 bucks on it, they'll invest in his app rather than whatever else they want to buy since his app isn't on their "AppStore".

-chw42-

Like a Boss

People just crack that stuff like 2 days after they find out it needs a patch. It's almost useless.