• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Are you Rooted?

Seth

MD Party Room
Since most of us here have a background in psp hacking or Iphone jailbreaking has anyone rooted there Android device if so post your Firmware,and the phone your using.

Ex

Phone: Samsung Epic 4G
Firmware : 2.1
Rooted : NO
Reason : I dont see the point there seems to be no point in rooted it, everything I like to do I can already do from my phone

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Phone: HTC Tattoo
Firmware: Cyanogen MOD 6.1 RC0 Android 2.2 Froyo (yes, Froyo. Fuck you HTC)
Rooted: Yup
Reason: Just for shits and giggles

Adiuvo

Phone: Backflip
Firmware: 1.6, though 2.1 comes out in a few weeks apparently.
Rooted: Nope, hasn't been hacked yet.
Reason: n/a

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Phone: HTC Tattoo
Firmware: Cyanogen MOD 6.1 RC0 Android 2.2 Froyo (yes, Froyo. Fuck you HTC)
Rooted: Yup
Reason: Just for shits and giggles

Does froyo run well on the tattoo?

Phone: HTC HD2
Firmware : Android 2.2 with sense.
Rooted : I guess.
Reason : I like android, I hate winmo.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
Phone: Droid
Firmware: 2.2
Rooted: yes
Reason: Custom roms kick ass

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Does froyo run well on the tattoo?

Phone: HTC HD2
Firmware : Android 2.2 with sense.
Rooted : I guess.
Reason : I like android, I hate winmo.

Runs extremely well :p

Seth

MD Party Room
@torch Care to say why?

LocutusEstBorg

Why not? Unless you're technologically retarded. It's my hardware and I want to do whatever the fuck I want with it and customize it to my liking. The only truly open platform is Windows Mobile. It's open source (at least enough of it to analyse and write low level software)
and there is NO code signing.

LocutusEstBorg

Nothing ever does, not your phone, you PC, your car, or anything else. Would you just install an OS and use it just like that without adjusting a single thing or downloading a single utility?

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Nothing ever does, not your phone, you PC, your car, or anything else. Would you just install an OS and use it just like that without adjusting a single thing or downloading a single utility?

No, but that's not what I mean. Adjusting a setting and hacking it to do something it was never intended to do are two different things. You don't always have to hack something for it to service your needs.