• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

At what point does the Shout Box become visible?

xist

Yes it's purely supposition, but this site has gone mental since the talk of a HEN, and activity in "certain" topics is rampant. Since the site's "Big Guns" are hovering around the front page i can only assume that you're all laughing at the activity/discussing serious business (;)) in a Shout Box.

Is there a pre-requisite amount of site activity for it to become visible, or is it a usergroup permission? Or am i completely wrong...(not that i'll know either way)

xist

Saw that already.....just the fact that the Site Admins and Davee are all hovering around the main page piques my curiosity....although admittedly i've no idea if that's what it would display if they where in the IRC Channel!

Serideth

Saw that already.....just the fact that the Site Admins and Davee are all hovering around the main page piques my curiosity....although admittedly i've no idea if that's what it would display if they where in the IRC Channel!

Chances are you will always find a couple of site staff on IRC, also I see Davee on IRC a good bit.

Moose

Meta Moose
Most of the active forum members can be found in IRC. It's like a second home for some of us.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
I assume you mean current locations listing in "Who's Online". You'll seldom see someone listed as using MfM Chat in there because most people will continue to read the forums in a browser tab while they use it (or access the channel using another client).