• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 Auto-sync music?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Is there a way to automatically sync my music files from my Windows 7 desktop to my 360's hard drive? I've done it from my desktop to my netbook using Live Sync but not sure how to go about it with my 360 :S

EDIT: Just to clarify, I don't want to just stream the files, I want to copy them to the hard drive. The reason I'm asking is because trying to google this, I get loads of results for streaming music, not syncing it.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I'm almost certain you can't do that, you can only rip from CD's to the 360 HDD.

Gah, annoying restriction. Can't even copy my music files from a USB stick it seems. :\

Just pulled out my 360's hard drive and it's just a standard SATA connection. I should look into if I can just hook it up directly to my PC.

Jake

Gah, annoying restriction. Can't even copy my music files from a USB stick it seems. :\

Just pulled out my 360's hard drive and it's just a standard SATA connection. I should look into if I can just hook it up directly to my PC.

I don't know about connecting by sata but I got a transfer kit which let me browse the drive from my computer with Xport360. The problem is the files are special wma so you have to use this program to create the 360s music db.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I don't know about connecting by sata but I got a transfer kit which let me browse the drive from my computer with Xport360. The problem is the files are special wma so you have to use this program to create the 360s music db.

Yeah, came across that earlier. Decided against it for the moment. Such an amount of hassle to get my music onto the 360. Guess I'll do it manually with the CDs I have.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Could just put them on a usb stick and play from that.

Don't have a USB stick with 21GB+ of space, biggest I have is 8GB. Streaming isn't an option since I don't have my PC on at the same time as my xbox all the time. Also, there's ~200GB of free space on the 360 anyways so wanted to use a bit of it.