• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Battlefield 3

El Diablo

I've noticed some pretty bad glare when you get to the last section of Metro but nothing near as bad as the desert in BC2. I don't mind the graphical glitches but the whole getting stuck in the ground thing has been quite frustrating at times. Especially trying to make your way across Caspian Border while stuck in the ground. Ugh.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Just fired it up, graphics are really impressive on Ultra

bfac0c520da4b77a03d665a6990e194cf1279bc3.jpg

e6128263790c8cf2cc4475a9889526923420be6f.jpg

However, I am getting a constant on/off green flickering that covers the entire screen, so it's nigh unplayable right now. Going to try updating my drivers... AMD released a new beta Catalyst package for this.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Keep on getting server timeout right around the end of a match...so pissed I'm just going to go play Gears now

EDIT: I experienced some green screen flickering but it went away after a few minutes

Adiuvo

Isn't that not actually ultra though? I remember reading that while the option is there in the beta it actually doesn't do much. Given how some of the textures look that seems likely.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Isn't that not actually ultra though? I remember reading that while the option is there in the beta it actually doesn't do much. Given how some of the textures look that seems likely.

It's definitely not the final settings, since there's no DX11 features like tessellation. I noticed a large performance hit going from High though.

Edit: Finally got on a Caspian Border server. Wow it's immense, the sense of scale is amazing. EA is pretty stupid for not making this the default

Edit: Updating my drivers fixed the green flickering

80ef74fd5ca03abb1cf9576921eb9889a21c785f.jpg

f37b1fdbc297a63435e66fdfb1f6d36223db1b35.jpg

799a6ff654c486643a5216f0b1c0c3b1f24b1314.jpg

e73f566142080a75a95067f7289498733df7c454.jpg

de0f7c018f1053b27582d1f19197431719bcb182.jpg

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
The fact that it's "Beta" and this bad at this point isn't impressing me.
I'm sure the singleplayer will be worth playing and will be fun/gorgeous. But i'm still weary on MP I'm trying to give it a good chance and not condemn it yet.
That's if I can even get into a server, or stay in one without graphical glitches bugging my eyes out(messed up weapon models, to randomly flashing backgrounds with new 285.38 driver), or disconnecting, or whatever else.

Also it doesn't list any keys for "Talk"
and I can't bind a key for quick weapon switching or anything.
A lot of other keys just won't let you bind any thing at all, and that's if you can even get your mouse in the correct TINY little corner in full screen that actually thinks you are clicking it.

El Diablo

I really don't think there's that many glitches. Every once in a while I will see a ammo clip clipped in a foot above the gun or something but other than that all the models themselves are fine. Every once in a while my screen with flash green or something for a fraction of a second or a window or bush on the other side of the map will glitch out a little but it by no means is game breaking. The biggest most annoying glitch is the falling/getting stuck in the ground but you can still play the game. Betas are always full of bugs and glitches, that's the whole point of them. Personally I think it looks and runs a lot better than others I've been in.

Slasher

Suck It
The fact that it's "Beta" and this bad at this point isn't impressing me.
I'm sure the singleplayer will be worth playing and will be fun/gorgeous. But i'm still weary on MP I'm trying to give it a good chance and not condemn it yet.
That's if I can even get into a server, or stay in one without graphical glitches bugging my eyes out(messed up weapon models, to randomly flashing backgrounds with new 285.38 driver), or disconnecting, or whatever else.

Also it doesn't list any keys for "Talk"
and I can't bind a key for quick weapon switching or anything.
A lot of other keys just won't let you bind any thing at all, and that's if you can even get your mouse in the correct TINY little corner in full screen that actually thinks you are clicking it.

Word

People seem to be brushing off some extreme faults about this game, simply because it's 'beta'. That's a nice little scapegoat, but come on...

This game is to be released in apparently less than a month. They have very limited time to be fixing much of anything before the game starts being manufactured and shipped to retailers. Having flashing green/purple screens + characters dropping into the map, getting stuck, etc + general physics issues I've been encountering + explosions not appearing - are all pretty fundamental issues that should have been squashed during basic engine development (and I'm sure there's other issues people have been having besides me, this is just what I've experienced). I'm amazed that these issues aren't fixed yet, and I have a feeling they may not be entirely fixed by the time the game is released

Being a 'beta' with such limited time to fix issues, it seems obvious to me that the update button is going to be used & abused. I'm so sick of companies updating the shit out of their games. For the PS3 anyways, I feel like every time I load up to play I have to download some fucking 300mb update to fix shit that THEY OUGHT TO HAVE ALREADY FIXED before the game was approved for release. This is happening with just about every single game. I'm not blaming the developers so much as I'm blaming those responsible for not choosing to take the necessary time to finish the fucking product, instead of deciding that rushing it & pushing updates later on is a better option.

Now the next issue I have with this game are the graphics (PS3). By no means did I expect the graphics to be on-par with all of these videos they've been teasing, with the game pushing the pedal to the metal in terms of graphical capabilities - BUT, the graphics I've experienced on the PS3 seem to be... crap. Not impressed at all. Is it just me?
I was hoping they'd look at least remotely like the videos being showcased, but that's definitely not the case. Doesn't even compare. I guess my wishful thinking didn't pay off. The easiest way to put it is that I feel mislead... oh well

El Diablo

All of the previous videos they have shown on the game have been on the PC, not consoles. You can't expect the consoles graphics to be on par with the ultra settings on a PC, especially in a game this big.

Slasher

Suck It
All of the previous videos they have shown on the game have been on the PC, not consoles. You can't expect the consoles graphics to be on par with the ultra settings on a PC, especially in a game this big.

I already outlined my expectations, and I obviously didn't expect it to look the same. However, I was expecting good graphics

My point being, the game doesn't look even remotely like it does on PC versus console. I've seen other multiplatform games pull off way better graphics (Crysis for example), but these ones seem to just be a small notch up from Bad Company 2 (for console). I'd go as far as to say MW2 looks better

At the end of the day, graphics don't necessarily make a game - but they certainly help improve the experience. Especially since the graphics in this game are being touted as being the best around

I don't know, maybe I'm being a little overcritical. I was hoping to be blown away by this game, but I'm just not

Robby

Los Doyers!
I've been disappointed with the beta so far but it could be just the map, or game mode, or the little bugs that I noticed.

Still looking forward to the game, just am not enjoying the beta personally.

Ecko

1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g37 l41d
Just played the beta for while. As someone who played BF2 a lot and missed out on BF2142, Bad Company 1 & 2, you can clearly tell that COD had an effect on the Battlefield series, which is a shame. The game is fun and all, but I wish it wasn't so COD-like.

Adiuvo

Just played the beta for while. As someone who played BF2 a lot and missed out on BF2142, Bad Company 1 & 2, you can clearly tell that COD had an effect on the Battlefield series, which is a shame. The game is fun and all, but I wish it wasn't so COD-like.

Have you played on Caspian Border yet? It's miles away from what Metro is like.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Beta is extremely buggy, but it's a beta so merh.

When a game is this close to release, you would expect it to be really polished.
And I'm sure the term beta isn't being used correctly for this title.

Joey

Game is buggy as fuck, but I'm still having way more fun playing this than I do Bad Company 2. Something about this feels tighter, shooting wise. I don't feel like every gun is just spraying... Call it "Call of Duty" if you want, I call it fun.