• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Beginning LUA Editor

UserUnknown

eXo's Resident Brony
Hiya. I'm wanting to start off using LUA, granted, it's all play 'n' test etc. Can someone give me a good link to a LUA Editor?

Ragnarok

LUA is done with c++?

Dan

Contributor
notepad.exe You could step up to something Geany or Notepad++, lightweight IDEs with support for LUA files.

[HIGHLIGHT]Or[/HIGHLIGHT], you could be a real man and learn C++ :p

I made the word 'or' clearer for you. LUA is just considered to be a lot easier than C++. LUA isn't coded in C++ it's coded in.. Oh forget it. Clue's in the name.

corytheidiot

I recommend notepad++ as it has the lines numbered. A HUGE help with errors.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
I made the word 'or' clearer for you. LUA is just considered to be a lot easier than C++. LUA isn't coded in C++ it's coded in.. Oh forget it. Clue's in the name.

I'm pretty sure he was referring to what the LUA interpreter is coded in, however I'm not sure(You can't write a script interpreter using the same script interpreter, as somewhere down the line it would require native code, which is provided by the low-level languages such as C*(minus C#).

But yeah, if you do decide to use LUA, I advise you to use the editor Geany, and probably the awesomeness that is PGELUA.