• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Best Games?

Noriyuke

I know, its a sore subject around here, i mean most people on the top 5 disappointments list state that lack of good PSP games is a big one. But cmon, there's got to be some hidden gems out there.

Here's the only 3 that come to my mind, if you guys don't like them, well i don't know what to say.

Lumines
Untold Legends
Infected

Why these? Well i think Lumines needs to explanation, and untold legends because i was a major fan of the baldurs gate games for ps2 and XBOX, this was an obvious portable update to games of that style. Infected? Well i like zombies, and this was a fun zombie shooter. Multiplayer was good but there wasn't enough people into it to make it good.

So yeah, any recommendations?

Slasher

Suck It
I'll just list a bunch of my favourites in alphabetical order

Call of Duty: Roads to Victory
DjMax
FF7: Crisis Core
God of War Chains of Olympus
GTA: LCS
GTA: VCS
Killzone Liberation
Locoroco
Manhunt 2
Metal Gear Acid 1 & 2
Metal Gear Portable Ops
Need for Speed (Anything but prostreet)
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
Silent Hill: Origins
Socom FTB2
Wipeout Pure & Pulse

Noriyuke

Wow, im going to have to check out a few of those, i had SOCOM FTB2 and i didnt think it was all that great of an improvement of the first. I Haven't played COD for the PSP, but i might check it out, it has always been a great game for PC. Then again, after being ported to the consoles, its become a smash hit.

Adiuvo

Valhalla Knights 2 is pretty good.

A lot of people don't really look for good PSP games. They got caught up in the whole 'it only has shoddy ports' thing. There are a lot of shoddy ports on the PSP, but that doesn't mean the whole library consists of them.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Monster Hunters 2 was pretty good.

Moose

Meta Moose
Locoroco is the only game I genuinely enjoyed on the PSP... and maybe God of War.

Lumines is fun to play if I'm bored, but I wouldn't say it is amazing.

twelve

I'm not dead
Some that aren't on Slashers list:

Burnout Legends
Daxter
Final Fantasy Anniversary Edition
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the lions
Patapon
Ridge Racer
Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow
Tales of Eternia
Tekken Dark Resurrection

Noriyuke

Good picks, good picks, but you know.... i was kinda hoping someone would point out some kind of RTS. No takers? I mean, i've gotten like inches to playing field commander, but couldn't get myself to do it.

Adiuvo

It's just as good as Advance Wars. I really enjoyed it.

Try it out. There aren't many RTS games on portables.

Slasher

Suck It
Noriyuke said:
There's nothing like special to it? i mean, Sony should been smarter about it.
I'm just saying, it plays very much like advance wars. Very similar types of infantry and vehicles. It's still unique in a sense that I think there's additional gameplay elements and tools, and is nontheless still a fun game to play

RyanTheHero

I played both field commander and advance wars and like someone else previously said FC pretty much just 900-1000mb 3d version of Advance Wars. To save space I just threw on a gba emulator and advance wars on my psp.

My favourite psp games

Guitaroo Man - Decent game but just too short.
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
Star Ocean: First Departure
Midnight Club: Streets of LA(Or w/e the new one is.)

CASHMON3Y

GTA VCS
MGS:pO

Honestly, im surprised Sony hasn't announced any plans for a PSP2. I mean the original is 3.5 years old. Instead they just make stupid additions.

Noriyuke

Yea i liked metal gear solid, i just never got the chance to play through it. But you know what, since we've been talking about good PSP games, anyone like Wipeout Pure? I've always had a little obsession for it, i mean to me, it has a little more challenge than ridge racer. Although i haven't tried part 2, i fondly liked ridge racer 1, and i haven't tried Wipeout pulse either.

EvilSeph

Administrator
Instead of the usual "what are the best games for x?" can we be a bit more helpful and explain *why* we like them? Thanks :)

Yea i liked metal gear solid, i just never got the chance to play through it. But you know what, since we've been talking about good PSP games, anyone like Wipeout Pure? I've always had a little obsession for it, i mean to me, it has a little more challenge than ridge racer. Although i haven't tried part 2, i fondly liked ridge racer 1, and i haven't tried Wipeout pulse either.

Ridge Racer 2 is in essence an expansion to Ridge Racer 1, a pointless buy if you already have 1. I have played Wipeout Pulse and have too found that to be very entertaining.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
been waiting for a thread like this
Metal gear acid 1 and 2-addicting gameplay and great music
Metal gear solid portable ops-insane storyline and gameplay +music
tales of the world radiant mythology-gameplay and music, story is so-so but it's an MMO basically so no quarrells here
Tales of eternia-Battle system, story and music
Tales of destiny 2-same as above
tales of phantasia FVE-best version of Tales of phantasia next to the psx version which has been translated into english so play that if you want english text
Tales of Rebirth-same as TOE and TOD2
Dragon Ball Z shin budokai another road-pretty decent story and addictive music and gameplay rip the umd and play from the iso though. the load times can be long on a Phat psp with a umd
Genesis collection-28 of the best genesis games, what else is there to say? what Phantasy star 2-4? XD
Castlevania X-My personal Favorite psp game, i played and got 100% of everything, 3 of the greatest games ever made IMO
crisis core-the story and ishimoto's music xd
there are more

Noriyuke

Hey, about Castlevania X, how did you like that compared to symphony of the night, i mean i LOVED symphony of the night, but havent dared to pick up any other castlevania since i beat symphony of the night. I feel like my original experience is going to get scarred by this new endeavor.