• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Best Games?

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Castlevania X's gameplay is not like SOTN. The original Dracula X was made in 1993 and the main game in X chronicles is a remake of that game(with SOTN and original*plus peke* are unlockable, i recomend using the Full screen patch with an iso ripped from a umd for sotn). It plays in the old style and it's a lot more challenging than SOTN dificulty wise(especially if you want to get 100%, the last 9% you need is from beating all 3 boss rush modes 3 times each)
And the last stage of Dracula X is the very beginning of SOTN.

i don't see how your experience could be scarred since the games aren't very alike. Sotn will always SOTN and your experience with that will always remain the same unless you happen to replay SOTN and have some issues with it again.

The changes to SOTN itself aren't too major (i still prefer the original voice acting) the script is improved but my own personal memories are with "you steal mens souls! and make them your slaves!" haha. If you didn't like the Voice acting or sub-par(as some would call it) script in the original then sotn revised will be most likely a better experience

Noriyuke

eh, ive had bad experience with remakes, the only example that comes to mind right now is the attempted porting of sons of liberty over to the xbox, didnt like it much, made it tacky in my opinion.

But i will gladly take your opinion on the matter.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
ah yeah the transition to xbox for Metal Gear solid 2 wasn't too , well ,comfortable. awkward controls.
If it turns out you don't care for Castlevania X it's plenty good. Not everyone feels the same about everything.

Noriyuke

Well, i will check it out, i just gotta find some good torrents and try the games out, i have field commander but i've yet to give it any time, its like i found myself again while playing wipeout pure and i've been on that on my psp whenever i pick it up.