• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Best mobile device for Retroarch?

Vebent

Right now I currently own a Samsung Note 20 Ultra. I have a Razr Kishi as the controller. The mobile device is smooth when it comes to emulating anything up to PSP (haven't tried PS2 because I don't know if it's possible). I find 2 annoying flaws with the Note 20 Ultra and the controller.

1) The S Pen does not work properly as a stylus for NDS emulation. This is more on how Samsung developed the S Pen to work hovering above the screen rather than strictly touch. However, they didn't make this for NDS emulation in mind. I think it's more for artists. So I may need to get a regular touch screen stylus off of Amazon.

2) The Razr Kishi buttons are not the best. The buttons feel very rubbery and harder to press down on. So if you're playing a game that requires strict timing, such as Rock Band Unplugged, then you're going to have a very hard time playing. So the hunt for a controller that feels as good as the Xbox One or PS4 controller will continue on. I'm trying to go for one that will attach to both sides of the phone.

What is everyone else using?

JFL_Leon

Right now I currently own a Samsung Note 20 Ultra. I have a Razr Kishi as the controller. The mobile device is smooth when it comes to emulating anything up to PSP (haven't tried PS2 because I don't know if it's possible). I find 2 annoying flaws with the Note 20 Ultra and the controller.

1) The S Pen does not work properly as a stylus for NDS emulation. This is more on how Samsung developed the S Pen to work hovering above the screen rather than strictly touch. However, they didn't make this for NDS emulation in mind. I think it's more for artists. So I may need to get a regular touch screen stylus off of Amazon.

2) The Razr Kishi buttons are not the best. The buttons feel very rubbery and harder to press down on. So if you're playing a game that requires strict timing, such as Rock Band Unplugged, then you're going to have a very hard time playing. So the hunt for a controller that feels as good as the Xbox One or PS4 controller will continue on. I'm trying to go for one that will attach to both sides of the phone.

What is everyone else using?

I recently bought the Samsung galaxy tab s7 plus. I got the ipega 9083 b for controller. Not sure if that's great for timing but that's all that fit my tablet sadly. I also had the issue with the s Pen sadly I bought a cheap 7 dollar one on Amazon today so hopefully that does the trick!

What cores are you using for ds I hear different stories for both melon and desmu and I'm still not sold on what to use for my ds games