• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

BF4 Screens

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Not officially released by EA, but they look legit, found them on Reddit...

crashsite_1920x1080.jpg

close_1920x1080.jpg

TD9s5EZ.jpg

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Looks pretty much like BF3 overall(Stylistically. Like every CoD game still looks like the last CoD in many ways). Though of course, it won't look anywhere this good in motion on any platform except PC (Where you have a super high end GPU for Supersampling that is used in these shots)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I think I need a new computer....

Should be fine with just a new GPU, I haven't seen any need to upgrade from the i7 920 yet, though that could change when next-gen ports start arriving I suppose.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Should be fine with just a new GPU, I haven't seen any need to upgrade from the i7 920 yet, though that could change when next-gen ports start arriving I suppose.

Yeah true. I had my 920 overclocked a bit too but had to take my aftermarket cooler off because it was making a clicking noise (something was loose with the fan) and put the intel one back on :(

Trigun

Eh, the 920 has 8 threads. Assuming the Jaguar doesn't have 16 threads(2 per core) it shouldn't be too much of an Issue I would think.

I have a 950 clocked at 4Ghz for my everyday use personally. The only thing I dislike about the damn thing is the massive TDP making it hard to keep cool and OC a lot.

Oh lord Stock cooler? Get another cooler that is forward compatible so you can use it on a new platform someday if you upgrade again.

The Stock cooler for the first gen i7's is fucking awful.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Eh, the 920 has 8 threads. Assuming the Jaguar doesn't have 16 threads(2 per core) it shouldn't be too much of an Issue I would think.

I have a 950 clocked at 4Ghz for my everyday use personally. The only thing I dislike about the damn thing is the massive TDP making it hard to keep cool and OC a lot.

Oh lord Stock cooler? Get another cooler that is forward compatible so you can use it on a new platform someday if you upgrade again.

The Stock cooler for the first gen i7's is fucking awful.

Well I can't afford to replace it at the moment. I had a Coolermaster V8 but the noise it was making was driving me crazy so I had to switch. Thinking of upgrading my GPU in a few months time though (after E3)

Trigun

Well, understandable of course. But if you do, I would generally stay away from Cooler Master stuff if you are looking for high-end high performance components.

I've had nothing but issues with all the Cooler master components i've had and/or bought over the last 3 years.

Case fans, Chassis, fans that come with Chassis, power supplies.

I'm about fed up with Cooler Master.

Personally, on my 950 I use a Prolimatech Megahalems. I used to have 2 fans on it, but now I have one fan pushing and the other at the back of the Chassis pulling out.(Though does not help that it goes straight to a wall. I wish my room was designed so It could go straight out the window.)

With the stock cooler CPU cores at like 3.8Ghz used to get up to 100 Celcius when I first built the computer.

Now at 4.2Ghz (Piling on the CPU voltage too) highest core only gets up to about 93 C while stress testing.(Not normal conditions). At my regular 4Ghz it only gets to ~80 on the highest core. And this is with poor thermal paste applied.(Last time I re-did it, ran out. So I gotta redo that soon) and the fins of the cooler all clogged up with dust that needs to be cleaned out

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Well, understandable of course. But if you do, I would generally stay away from Cooler Master stuff if you are looking for high-end high performance components.

I've had nothing but issues with all the Cooler master components i've had and/or bought over the last 3 years.

Case fans, Chassis, fans that come with Chassis, power supplies.

I'm about fed up with Cooler Master.

Personally, on my 950 I use a Prolimatech Megahalems. I used to have 2 fans on it, but now I have one fan pushing and the other at the back of the Chassis pulling out.(Though does not help that it goes straight to a wall. I wish my room was designed so It could go straight out the window.)

With the stock cooler CPU cores at like 3.8Ghz used to get up to 100 Celcius when I first built the computer.

Now at 4.2Ghz (Piling on the CPU voltage too) highest core only gets up to about 93 C while stress testing.(Not normal conditions). At my regular 4Ghz it only gets to ~80 on the highest core. And this is with poor thermal paste applied.(Last time I re-did it, ran out. So I gotta redo that soon) and the fins of the cooler all clogged up with dust that needs to be cleaned out

The Cooler Master V8 was actually one of the best air coolers on the market when I got it. It's the only CM product I own though.

I wonder if EA will make BF4 DX11 only or not - like Crysis 3 was. However I'm just starting to notice that my computer can't keep up with current games (can't play Crysis 3 due to DX11 requirement, and can somewhat play Bioshock Infinite, but with lowered settings).

Trigun

What GPU are you running? Because if you have a 920, then all you really need is a better GPU.

I've only got a GTX 460 V1 personally. After patch 1.9, my PC could barely play Crysis 2 even. At 1080p DX11 with Maldo 3.0 I could only get ~24/25 FPS with my GPU overclocked way beyond the 460's stock clocks.(675Mhz Core, can't remember stock memory clocks) at 900+Mhz.

And I can barely get 30FPS(Not stable 30FPS either) with Metro 2033 maxed out with 4xMSAA @1600x900. So I definitely feel your pain haha.

I'm still waiting for there to be another Nvidia GPU without this GPU boost nonsense. What was wrong with the way it was done in Fermi? You have idle and low power clocks that engage when needed. And you didn't have to worry about your card getting stuck in idle clocks in things like Dolphin. Or things not performing at their absolute best in some random game because the GPU doesn't deem it enough of a workload to start boosting shit.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
What GPU are you running? Because if you have a 920, then all you really need is a better GPU.

I've only got a GTX 460 V1 personally. After patch 1.9, my PC could barely play Crysis 2 even. At 1080p DX11 with Maldo 3.0 I could only get ~24/25 FPS with my GPU overclocked way beyond the 460's stock clocks.(675Mhz Core, can't remember stock memory clocks) at 900+Mhz.

And I can barely get 30FPS(Not stable 30FPS either) with Metro 2033 maxed out with 4xMSAA @1600x900. So I definitely feel your pain haha.

Still rocking my GTX 275 - finally taking a beating after all these years.

Trigun

Doesn't look entirely as good in motion(Mostly just an AA issue and poor video compression) but still pretty damn great. (Better visually than Killzone Shadow Fall IMO)

Is it just me or are they using Chromatic Aberration on the HUD? That or it's designed to look like a TV screen or something. It's interesting.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
So pretty much BF 3.5. Maps seem more dense, facial animation in the beginning of that video is also quite good. Really makes me want a Mirror's Edge 2 with Frostbite 3. Also, yeah, does look like Chromatic Aberration on the HUD elements.

Trigun

Well at least they didn't apply CA(Chromat-Aberr) to the whole screen. That would be awful(I hope no one EVER does that)

Obviously though there will probably be a PS4 version. But the question is, what will be better? (Aside from control preferences) PS4 or PC?

That will certainly be interesting to see which comes out on top once it comes out. (10$ says PS4 version only runs at 30FPS But is otherwise visually identical to PC version)

Also: Mirror's Edge 2 on FB3. That would be insane. Gah, :(

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Crysis 3 is pretty heavy on CA usage, I don't like it either. I'd say the PS4 version will likely run at 30 FPS. We probably won't see too many PC-specific enhancements when these new console titles start coming out (apart from like added AA options), later on in the cycle I'm sure that'll change though.

Adiuvo

I skipped out on BF3 mainly due to Origin, but I might pick this one up if they return destruction to BC2 levels.