• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Biggest regret as a gamer? Or any?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
No recent regrets really.

When I was a kid though I spent my allowance on a N64 instead of a PSOne as I was a total Nintendo fanboy back then. Terrible idea. The N64 had its share of gems, but they were few and far between. Plus the games were extremely expensive in comparison. I remember forking over $60 for Mario. Most PSOne games could be had for $30-40 at the time. I missed out on all the big hits like MGS, FF7, Crash Bandicoot 2, and SOTN while I waited delay after delay for Zelda OoT. Finally got one years later, and ended up selling the 64 not long after.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Did you at least enjoy Zelda 64? lol..

Zelda was worth the wait, but I would've been much happier if I went for the PS1 in the first place and got an N64 later.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I enjoyed the N64 a lot since I had brothers to play with. Battle Tanx was great for MP as well as GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Diddy Kong Racing, Mario Kart, Star Fox, etc. I had my fair share of good games on the N64 and picked up PS1 titles when we got a PS2 (although I wished I had a PS1 when it came out but couldn't afford both consoles and got the N64 as a gift from grandparents)

El Diablo

Oh my god....Battle Tankx were the greatest games ever. I personally prefered the N64 back then and had a lot more fun playing multiplayer on it. At the time when I was younger I didn't know about or have any interest in the epic RPGs the ps1 has so I had no reason to want one. Looking back, I think the ps1 was better and I would prefer to have it if I had one now since I would like a lot more of the games for it, but back when I was a kid and they came out N64 was where it was at.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yeah, the lack of RPGs was one of my main gripes with the N64. That was my favorite genre back then. Especially coming from the SNES, which was an RPG paradise.

I mean, you can pretty much count all the RPGs for it on one hand... Zelda, Quest 64, Ogre Battle, Paper Mario, think that was it?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Yeah, the lack of RPGs was one of my main gripes with the N64. That was my favorite genre back then. Especially coming from the SNES, which was an RPG paradise.

I mean, you can pretty much count all the RPGs for it on one hand... Zelda, Quest 64, Ogre Battle, Paper Mario, think that was it?

Hybrid Heaven

january39

eXo Staff
I never bought a N64 although borrowed the console from a friend and played Zelda to the end; Had many a golden eye/mario kart multi-player though at my mates, great times. I was always a Playstation fan though and so in the end the N64 passed me by. I have never played perfect dark.

Joey

For as much as I love Shadow of The Colossus, I stilll haven't gotten past the 12th or so colossus due to various circumstances (lost game saves, dying consoles).

Speaking of which, I'm unemployed, I should probably knock that one out.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I went from playing SNES to XBox, skipped everything in between :/ I remember the good days of blowing into the cartridges so they can be read.

Anyways, I just wish gaming wasn't so expensive. As a kid it wasn't an issue as I got games for free for birthdays, holidays, etc but now that I have to buy my own stuff, dropping $60 on a game isn't the best feeling, especially when so many good games come out in such a short time like these past couple of months(Gears 3, Skyrim, MW3, Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Assassins Creed, Saints Row)