• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Biggest Upgrade to my PC from 2009 Complete

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Just upgraded my PC's graphics card from a GTX 275 to a GTX 780 Classified (EVGA) as well as a H60 closed loop CPU cooler. I previously had a Cooler Master V8 but that made some ticking noises after a few years so I tossed it aside and threw the stock back on until I could find a better solution.

Before:

Ke8.jpg

After:

Le8.jpg

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Very nice, about time you upgraded the GPU! Have you overclocked the CPU at all? Probably can hit 4GHz easy with that cooler.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Very nice, about time you upgraded the GPU! Have you overclocked the CPU at all? Probably can hit 4GHz easy with that cooler.

I'm so happy I've upgraded - you know how long I've been wanting to do this lol

For overclocking: I'm about to soon. I know I can easily hit 3.4 since I did that on my old Cooler Master V8 cooler. EVGA has a built in auto-overclocker that goes to 3.4 so I might just stick with that for now. Definitely on my list to do for tomorrow.

Although during this whole process I had to remove my top panel of my case (the actual top) to fit my CPU power up through the top to make it cleaner. Also had to uninstall my PCIE tool-less covers since they wouldn't go all the way down with the GTX 780 and its huge dimensions:

Oe8.jpg

LocutusEstBorg

I just upgraded my PC from 2008! (I had upgraded the GPU once after that though.) My Core 2 Quad @ 3.2 GHz lasted really long. My GTX 580 blew up so I bought a GTX 760. Upgraded the board to a Rampage IV Formula (X79) and got a i7 4820K (3.9 GHz turbo) with 32 GB of 1866 MHz Corsair memory. At 1920x1080 I don't even feel the need for a 780 Ti.

Last edited:

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I just upgraded my PC from 2008! (I had upgraded the GPU once after that though.) My Core 2 Quad @ 3.2 GHz lasted really long. My GTX 580 blew up so I bought a GTX 760. Upgraded the board to a Rampage IV Formula (X79) and got a i7 4820K (3.9 GHz turbo) with 32 GB of 1866 MHz Corsair memory. At 1920x1080 I don't even feel the need for a 780 Ti.

That's a nice upgrade. Eventually I plan on updating the other components of my system (minus GPU and Storage) as the lack of USB 3.0 and SATA 3 is being felt by my system - that and the fact that I'm maxing out my 6gb of RAM fairly quickly with everything I'm doing these days. This upgrade should hold me over until the end of the year though.