• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Bios Update

megaorange

In the command prompt, try running it with the parameters /help (or -help). That should print out the available arguments you can pass to the exe, hopefully one which will allow you to bypass the battery check.
still says invalid command line parameters please verify the program was executed properly

can your laptop run without the battery?

see if that bypass it. lol just make sure your power stays on.

edit: whoops already ask but I suggest it as the only option.

can your laptop run without the battery?

see if that bypass it. lol just make sure your power stays on.

That's what he/she is doing. Problem is, the exe recognizes no battery as 0% battery and doesn't allow the process to continue.

Actually @megaorange, do you have any battery in there currently? XP may be recognizing it as present, but uncharged. Maybe if you remove it while executing it, we may be able to get it to work.

explosions

There are tools for extracting the BIOS file from the exe for people who run linux. You may be able to flash that way.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
There are tools for extracting the BIOS file from the exe for people who run linux. You may be able to flash that way.

That's what I did. All every bios updater file I've seen so far is a package file, and has the bios file in it. I flashed the bios file using I think coreboot's tool. You can pretty much just extract it in GNOME, which is the most common one, then flash it.

What would be safer though is to extract the bios file then flash it using AMIBIOS's Flasher. It's a bit more risky that way because theres human factors so just be careful. If it fails using this method never ever ever restart. If your PC has dual-bios then you really don't have that much to worry about.

megaorange

it is an .exe file i create a short cut and tried to do as you suggested but still gave the message
Screnshot.jpg

idk if it makes a difference but in running [HIGHLIGHT]vista[/HIGHLIGHT]

as i said before im running Windows Vista & yes i have a battery in my laptop the system sees it but will not recognize it as a dell battery. its the same battery that came with the system

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
as i said before im running Windows Vista & yes i have a battery in my laptop the system sees it but will not recognize it as a dell battery. its the same battery that came with the system

They don't mean to imply that you are running linux, rather it is possible through linux. You might be able to burn a live cd version of Ubuntu and then flash your bios within the live cd environment

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
They don't mean to imply that you are running linux, rather it is possible through linux. You might be able to burn a live cd version of Ubuntu and then flash your bios within the live cd environment

The only thing is that coreboot's flasher - the only known flasher aside from having it built-in to the kernel (There is an option for that for Dells) is that it's not known for stability, and I do not recommend anyone do it who has any money into their system..

megaorange

That's what I did. All every bios updater file I've seen so far is a package file, and has the bios file in it. I flashed the bios file using I think coreboot's tool. You can pretty much just extract it in GNOME, which is the most common one, then flash it.

What would be safer though is to extract the bios file then flash it using AMIBIOS's Flasher. It's a bit more risky that way because theres [HIGHLIGHT]human factors so just be careful. If it fails using this method never ever ever restart[/HIGHLIGHT]. If your PC has dual-bios then you really don't have that much to worry about.
i dont think ill try that

Mind uploading the bios installer?
if u want to see it heres a download link 1525_A17.EXE

You could also try one of these three command line options:<DELLBIOS update program.exe> -writeromfile / -writehexfile / -writehdrfile

they dont work either and /writehdrfile just makes it a .hdr

megaorange

This option writes the contents of the flash BIOS header (.hdr) file to memory. During the next warm reboot, BIOS will flash this image as the new BIOS. The system must undergo a warm reboot using <CTL><ALT><DEL> or the REBOOT.EXE utility in order for the upgrade operation to complete. For more information, see "Obtaining a Flash BIOS Header (.hdr) File."

Example:

A:>biosflsh -f PE1650.hdr

Please reboot the system using reboot.exe to update the BIOS.
what does it mean by reboot useing reboot.exe

actually they want you to reboot the computer the right way. (no not pressing the reset button) but you dont got the reboot.exe right? right. So...

Crtl, Alt delete
New Task
type in cmd
hit enter
type in Shutdown -r
hit enter

My guess is this bios pack closes your explorer.exe (your desktop). The bios is store on RAM.