• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi BioShock Infinite Announced

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Columbiab.jpg

What is Project Icarus? It

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'm glad it's not set inside Rapture again. The trailer piqued my interest. I'm sort of surprised it's a 2012 release though. Then again more polish is never a bad thing.

[video=youtube;pV_TDxl2UIo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV_TDxl2UIo[/video]

Adiuvo

Would be nice if they started a new IP for this; Bioshock had it's own story that was great and self-contained.

That trailer definitely does look interesting however.
I agree. A new IP would be great since these two don't seem related (American flags are a big thing, Ryan had no country and his ideology didn't permit one) but I'm sure the developers had their reasons.

As for the trailer, it looks bad ass. No other way to describe it.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I agree, a new IP might be more suitable but I'm sure they stuck with the BioShock name to ensure hype, seeing as it's sort of a proven franchise now.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Wasn't a huge fan of the Bioshock titles (too much back-tracking in the small bits I've played of it) and wasn't a huge fan of the environment. Hopefully this will be more to my liking

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
Backtracking wat. I don't recall any real backtracking sans going back to the main room of every area.

xploren

Contributor
I think sticking with the BioShock IP was the most reasonable option. Infinite is pretty much using the BioShock template of basic story and unique setting and whatnot. The marketing aspect of it probably contributed greatly too.

In any case though, I'll be patiently waiting for this. It looks very interesting.

Riorio99

Seems like an entirely different game stuck with the Bioshock name to sell copies. Looks incredible though, much like Bioshock.