• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Blackberry Playbook

B

Bizarre

I just recently picked one up, got a good deal trade my PS3 for one, anyways I'm surprised why this tablet isn't competing well with the iPad, I know the screen is small but this thing is really powerful, not to mention the most important part that drew me to it, the flash. The PB has a bright future, even with the leaked android player that isn't complete, it is still really fun and interesting to use. This means that the PB's game and app library may pass Apple's soon due to the android library and the blackberry library. So does anyone here have one? Or if anyone is looking for a tablet that you plan to do many things at once, or want it as portable as possible I recommend the playbook, this thing is a beast.

Seth

MD Party Room
For one there a crappy app store, the 7 inch screen and the fact that if you dont own a BB it doesnt do it one biggest feature. I like to have one but since the ipad does so much more for the same price it not worth getting.

B

Bizarre

For one there a crappy app store, the 7 inch screen and the fact that if you dont own a BB it doesnt do it one biggest feature. I like to have one but since the ipad does so much more for the same price it not worth getting.

The app store + the android market makes it have a pretty good app selection, the 7 inch screen isn't for everyone personally when I think of a tablet I need something portable, carrying around something as large as the ipad is too big for me may as well bring a laptop and yes bbm only works with a blackberry mainly because the 3G models have not launched yet. I would go for an iPad maybe if it got flash, thats probably the feature that attracted me to it, gives a better web experience.

Seth

MD Party Room
As someone who owns a Epic 4g with smoothish flash playblack I never find myself useing it. Sure it nice to have but I have yet i see very few websites that use flash for other then video but since most of them have apps that stream video. Also Ipad and other Android tablet just plan out render websites better, compared to the Rim Browser. I do enjoy the playbook and since it fit your need perfect more power to ya.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I'm not caught up in this tablets phase. I'll rather just dish out the money for a nice little netbook.

Seth

MD Party Room
It kinda funny but I have 2 netbooks and havent used them in ages, now a ipad or the playbook I can see myself useing quite a bit.

B

Bizarre

I just got my tablet about two weeks ago and since used my laptop maybe twice.

Robby

Los Doyers!
The iPad hasn't convinced me that it is nothing more then a giant iPod touch.

OUTL4W

The iPad hasn't convinced me that it is nothing more then a giant iPod touch.

Not even if you could dual boot with the iOSx2 project?
App GUI Preview
which is currently being tested on ipad's now :D

back on topic
playbook is very nice...spec wise but why should I need to have a blackberry phone to get my mail?

B

Bizarre

Yeah I was disappointed when I found that out, however they are working on a native email which is scheduled for a end of summer release.