• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Blatant SAM hackers on leaderboards...

JLH

I mean, just look here

I understand the website relies on user reports but surely obvious ones like that should be automatically removed. I'd say it would take at least 1000 hours to 100% that game. On top of that some of these hackers earn achievements before the official release of DLC or patches that introduce new characters etc.

I'm doing my bit by reporting everyone i see but it's extremely tedious going through pages upon pages and seeing just so many SAM users.

It would be nice to implement some sort of script where if someone earns ALL achievements for a game within the space of a minute they are automatically removed. Games like Clicker Heroes where all achievements are LEGIT possible within seconds could be added to some sort of exempt list and players wouldn't be removed. It would require a lot of community input but i think it could be possible.

I don't know, i appreciate the people keeping this website running but currently the steam leaderboards is an absolute joke and cannot be taken seriously in it's current format.

CoVarZz

Don't know about smite on PC nut on ps4 it was possible because of getting al in game achievements in beta and once the trophylist appeared everything unlocked.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Automatic bans would have to be implemented on a game by game basis I think. If we just apply generic banning rules for all games, there's too many edge cases and exclusions we'd have to add to prevent false positives. Not just for Steam, but other platforms as well. For example, there's several situations where achievements will auto pop on cross play games (PSN). I think dealing with the false positives would be as much work as just banning users, so it's not the way forward, in my opinion.

Maybe some users can be automatically banned across the board if specific patterns are identified. I don't really want to post in detail about that since it'll only help cheaters but that is something I've been looking at.

We're also in the process of bringing bans over from other Steam tracking sites such as SteamHunters, and working on some data sharing so that bans happen across all sites, so that will help to an extent.

JLH

Automatic bans would have to be implemented on a game by game basis I think. If we just apply generic banning rules for all games, there's too many edge cases and exclusions we'd have to add to prevent false positives. Not just for Steam, but other platforms as well. For example, there's several situations where achievements will auto pop on cross play games (PSN). I think dealing with the false positives would be as much work as just banning users, so it's not the way forward, in my opinion.

Maybe some users can be automatically banned across the board if specific patterns are identified. I don't really want to post in detail about that since it'll only help cheaters but that is something I've been looking at.

We're also in the process of bringing bans over from other Steam tracking sites such as SteamHunters, and working on some data sharing so that bans happen across all sites, so that will help to an extent.

Yeah you'd be right about it being more effort. Hopefully we figure something out. Cheers.