• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Bluetooth DUN

amrcidiot

MFM Survivor
I have a 2g iPod Touch (jailbroken) and my question is, is there a way to connect to my phone's internet via a bluetooth dial-up network?
Theoretically, it's completely possible. I do it all the time with my laptop when I'm on the train back to college or at the bus terminal.

The reason why I want to do this is because, at college, I always carry around my ipod and cellphone and my laptop (laptop's in a case with books, etc). It makes more sense to connect my phone's internet to my ipod so I can tuck away my phone in my laptop case and keep just the ipod in my pocket. I don't really call anyone, I just text, so I don't need to worry about answering calls.
I have google voice on my ipod, so really, all I need is a way to connect my ipod to my phone.

And this thread is getting redundant....

so is there an app on cydia that will allow me to connect to a bluetooth dun?

Ahadiel

M for Mike
I have a 2g iPod Touch (jailbroken) and my question is, is there a way to connect to my phone's internet via a bluetooth dial-up network?
Theoretically, it's completely possible. I do it all the time with my laptop when I'm on the train back to college or at the bus terminal.

The reason why I want to do this is because, at college, I always carry around my ipod and cellphone and my laptop (laptop's in a case with books, etc). It makes more sense to connect my phone's internet to my ipod so I can tuck away my phone in my laptop case and keep just the ipod in my pocket. I don't really call anyone, I just text, so I don't need to worry about answering calls.
I have google voice on my ipod, so really, all I need is a way to connect my ipod to my phone.

And this thread is getting redundant....

so is there an app on cydia that will allow me to connect to a bluetooth dun?

AFAIK there aren't any apps like this on Cydia, but depending on your phone, you might want to look into sharing your connection over Wifi.

I do this all the time with my Windows Mobile phone.

amrcidiot

MFM Survivor
AFAIK there aren't any apps like this on Cydia, but depending on your phone, you might want to look into sharing your connection over Wifi.

I do this all the time with my Windows Mobile phone.

I have a pantech matrix, it doesn't have a major operating system that supports wifi tethering, only bluetooth.