• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Booting iPod touch 2G with PSP?

-chw42-

Like a Boss
The iPhone dev team has showed off their dongle for the iPod touch 2G. It just sends 8 bytes of code over to the iPod in order for it to boot. So I'm thinking...can we use the PSP to send those 8 bytes over via a USB connection? I'm not too knowledgeable in programming or the specific hardware capabilities of the PSP, so I'd like some expert analysis on this.

A_Nub

Developer
No, the psp is a usb slave, it does not have usb host hardware.

Just send the 8 bytes suing the computer ;) much easier.

Moose

Meta Moose
It would have to utilize the serial port on the PSP, not the USB port, as far as I know.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Why use a cumbersome thing like the PSP when a simple dongle could easily do it.

Because making the dongle would cost money...

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM EST ----------

No, the psp is a usb slave, it does not have usb host hardware.

Just send the 8 bytes suing the computer ;) much easier.

You can't carry your computer with you.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM EST ----------

It would have to utilize the serial port on the PSP, not the USB port, as far as I know.

Yeah I kind of feared that was gonna be the answer...

Whisper

Logic :(
Every other day I have to restart my 2g to find wireless networks. I can't seem to figure out why it works then after a while just stops.

*When I hit find networks it just keeps spinning. Restart it and it finds my network and connects immediately. It's been like this before I jailbreaked it.

Bran

Yell
weird. The only time I ever need to restart my iPod is when I install something that needs a complete reboot to function. Otherwise never.

I've probably only rebooted it like 4 times since the redsn0w.

Every other day I have to restart my 2g to find wireless networks. I can't seem to figure out why it works then after a while just stops.

*When I hit find networks it just keeps spinning. Restart it and it finds my network and connects immediately. It's been like this before I jailbreaked it.

Have you tried a respring to see if that would fix it?

Robby

Los Doyers!
I just turn off Wifi then turn it on and it refreshes with connections.
I only had to restart when categories crashed but that hasn't happened in like 2 weeks.

Seth

MD Party Room
Take it to the apple store and get a fully working one?

I dont have that problem with my 1g ipod touch.

_Syn

I've had problems like that before, but a simple re-jailbreak would help I'm pretty sure. :love:

-chw42-

Like a Boss
My iPod has problems every week where it fails to connect to my home network. It's really annoying. Sometimes I have to restore network settings for it to work again, which requires a reboot.

I have to boot my iPod a lot. Maybe 3-4 times a week. That's why I want to use something like a PSP as a booter. Something that I can carry around with me. Because it would suck for an app to hang at school and you'd be ipod-less for the day.

Vee

My iPod has problems every week where it fails to connect to my home network. It's really annoying. Sometimes I have to restore network settings for it to work again, which requires a reboot.

I have to boot my iPod a lot. Maybe 3-4 times a week. That's why I want to use something like a PSP as a booter. Something that I can carry around with me. Because it would suck for an app to hang at school and you'd be ipod-less for the day.

In my opinion, if you really want/care about jailbreaking so much, sell your 2G and get a 1G. You'll be getting a fully jailbroken device and saving money too. Unless you really need crap speakers on your iPod.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
In my opinion, if you really want/care about jailbreaking so much, sell your 2G and get a 1G. You'll be getting a fully jailbroken device and saving money too. Unless you really need crap speakers on your iPod.

I like the volume rockers. Plus, it's not worth the hassle...

Clint

Clintoris

You can't just force close the app by holding down the home button? I've never had an issue where I've had to completely restart my iPod [1st generation] because of an application.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
You can't just force close the app by holding down the home button? I've never had an issue where I've had to completely restart my iPod [1st generation] because of an application.

Nope, doesn't work...it responds to nothing.

The only way to stop the app is to restart (holding the power and home for 10 seconds) and every time I do that, I have to boot it from a computer.