• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Borderlands

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Well Gearbox's FPS with hints of RPG leveling and skill trees is released tomorrow on the 360, PS3, and PC. Last week I asked a few people in our IRC channel what system they planned on picking this up for and I think most people were getting it for the PC. I'm getting it for the 360 since I can tell I want to be lounging on my couch and playing this on my 50".

The main draw to this game besides being another shooter to play is that there is four player co-op, which always makes for a more enjoyable gaming experience in my opinion.

Here's a few clips from GameTrailers and a 30 minute, four player co-op session from the good people over at Giant Bomb. (If you want to get a feel for the gameplay, the Giant Bomb video does a good job of letting you know what to expect.)

Character Trailer
[gt]55839[/gt]

Video Preview
[gt]56123[/gt]

Quick Look: Borderlands - giantbomb.com

Chathurga

Want this game pretty bad (loooove skill trees) but my 360 RROD'd, might get it on the PC if my comp can handle it.

Slasher

Suck It
Looks kind of like a cartoonish looking version of Fallout 3.

Seems pretty neat, this game really wasn't on my radar until I saw that video for it

Robby

Los Doyers!
I've been playing it since yesterday and I gotta say I love it.
I played single player and it was fun, then I was able to play 4 player co-op and I had a blast.

I like the game alot, seems to have a good length. The world is huge, seems like its about the same size as Fallout 3 if not bigger o.o
The weapons are really neat although it took awhile before I found some of the more interesting ones.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Have it pre-ordered for PC :) Really looking forward to it.

Seth

MD Party Room
Have it pre-ordered for PC :) Really looking forward to it.

You know if you do another group steam buy we can get it for 33 bucks..

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Just saw the IGN Video Review, game seems mighty nice. I'm putting it on my wishlist :p

Robby

Los Doyers!
It looks really really good though. Graphics are good.

I just reached level 20 out of 50 but its getting hard to rank up now. I found some really SWEET weapons like a shotgun that shoots rockets that explodes into a big electrical explosion. Sweet.

CASHMON3Y

One thing that ruined the game already was the mods, which were out 3 days ago. Of course being tempted I modded my person to a level 999999999 which now makes the game useless because I dont want to do any quests. However the games real shining point in when you play it in online co-op.

CASHMON3Y

Protip: Play the game as it was meant to be played.

I did for the first 27 levels, but then I seen the mods and was like :O. This is also what killed fallout for me :'(

Joey

Who has this for pc? That's my preferred platform, but I'd still consider 360 if that's what everybody has it for.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Still waiting to play here.. Steam version doesn't unlock until the 26th :/

Joey

I was just thinking, I'm gonna be staying in a hotel for god knows how long, so my internet is gonna suck for a while.

Fuck it, I'm just gonna get it for pc. I won't be able to play with anybody anyway.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I was just thinking, I'm gonna be staying in a hotel for god knows how long, so my internet is gonna suck for a while.

Fuck it, I'm just gonna get it for pc. I won't be able to play with anybody anyway.

I'm disappointed in you.