• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Broken or bricked?

Slasher

Suck It
no I keep getting hung up with a password screen for the Hellcat's Pandora Installer Revision 4

Nonetheless, you can't go through with the pandora battery making process without already having a custom firmwared PSP. Trying to run Hellcat's Pandora Installer Revision 4 won't work since you would have to run it on your PSP, and I assume your PSP doesn't have custom firmware on it.

Slasher

Suck It
no I was told 2 do this [GUIDE] Installing Despertar del Cementerio v7 - M for Mature Forums..

Well if you don't have custom firmware on your PSP, then you were told wrong. You'll spend a lot of time trying to set it up, but it won't work since you're on official firmware.

You need to get ahold of a Pandora battery if you wish to do a full software flash restore. This can be done by either:
A) Turning a regular battery into a pandora battery, but this is only possible if you have a custom firmware'd PSP.
B) Buying a pandora battery off the internet.
or C) Hardmodding a battery by removing a pin within it, but this is potentially dangerous.

Even if you go through all of this hassle though, it's still not guaranteed that the problem you are having with your PSP is a software problem. If it is in fact a hardware problem, then you're pretty much out of luck. You would need another PSP.

january39

eXo Staff

Datel tool battery.

Its worth pointing out that almost all batteries on Ebay are fake and do not have the required EEprom needed to enable service mode; In an ironic twist only genuine SCE batteries tend to have this EEprom (if you intend to softmod or hardmod).