• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Bug (?) Retroachievements pulls hidden/unofficial/not live achievements

Pan'thon

A good example is Parasite Eve: https://www.exophase.com/game/parasite-eve-retro/achievements/
Retroachievements site: https://retroachievements.org/game/11277

Achievements:
There Are Many Like It, But...
Trading Cards I

These achievements are not a part of the official set. They were removed/demoted at some point. Also, since Trading Cards I is no longer part of the core set, all the other Trading Card achievements were renamed on Retroachievements, so the official ones that are Trading Cards II through XV are now just called Trading Cards I through XIV, there are only fourteen and not fifteen of them. It doesn't look like the game updates its achievements after an initial import?

Attachments

• exo3.png
    exo3.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 12
  • exo2.png
    exo2.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 13
  • exo1.png
    exo1.png
    91.4 KB · Views: 12

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I just updated the list, those achievements have been removed now.

It doesn't look like the game updates its achievements after an initial import?

Right now only under certain circumstances, like if we see a player earn an achievement that isn't in the database yet. Until recently I wasn't aware how often the achievement data changes on RA so I'm adding more checks that will trigger a rescan of the achievements (i.e. if the total count changes at all, or if any of the name/descriptions change). This will be implemented soon.

Pan'thon

Until recently I wasn't aware how often the achievement data changes on RA so I'm adding more checks that will trigger a rescan of the achievements

I have notifications set up on Discord for when achievement lists change on that site. There are some games that ping me more than 10 times a day during the first two weeks of implementation. Totally makes sense that you wouldn't want your servers constantly looking for updates to achievement lists all the time.

Thanks for the response! Amazing work on the site.