• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Buying a pc monitor.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I would recommend something along the lines of a Samsung or Dell monitor. Dell has a nice Ultrasharp line of monitors but they are also more expensive and out of your price range. I would also recommend looking to pick up a monitor as refurbished (I picked up my current monitor refurbished and love it). Dell also has some cheaper models that use TN panels (like most of the Samsung ones) but unsure how easy they are to get where you are.

CASHMON3Y

My suggestion is to plug in your price range into newegg, and sort them by most reviews. You can get a 24" 1080p for around 200 iirc. Its an ASUS and ive heard pretty good things about it.

SeanyP

i'm writing this post using a samsung t200hd, im very pleased with it, a shame the xbox picture on component with this looks terrible, im considering getting a hdmi cable as i hate sharing the vga connection between that and my pc and my pc's dvi connection doesnt seem to work :/
thanks for the comments, i did almost go for a dell, but this samsung was about the same price, and had speakers aswell as a tv tuner so it had to be this one!

Chathurga

i'm writing this post using a samsung t200hd, im very pleased with it, a shame the xbox picture on component with this looks terrible, im considering getting a hdmi cable as i hate sharing the vga connection between that and my pc and my pc's dvi connection doesnt seem to work :/
thanks for the comments, i did almost go for a dell, but this samsung was about the same price, and had speakers aswell as a tv tuner so it had to be this one!

Samsung is always the way to go imo, especially the sexy black ones with red around the edges. I have a 220 and love it to bits.

SeanyP

Samsung is always the way to go imo, especially the sexy black ones with red around the edges. I have a 220 and love it to bits.

haha the red bit just makes it complete doesn't it.
i did find a 220 for about the same price as i paid for this 200 but it didnt come with the tv tuner unfortunately. i'd say

Tommi

Using the very same one.

Have my PS3 hooked up via HDMI and the PC via DVI. It's just a pity it shared exact same remote as my TV does >.< turn off TV = turn off monitor as well. :angry:

Full 1080P though :D can't complain at that.

LocutusEstBorg

Get one which allows you to set the scaling mode to 16:9 (letterbox the image if the source is smaller) if you don't want the console games stretched vertically.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Anyone looking to pick up a good monitor for a very good price check out sellout.woot.com : Sellout.Woot

They currently have a 22" Dell Ultrasharp monitor (Refurbished) for 119+5$ shipping. That's an exxxcellent price

SeanyP

Get one which allows you to set the scaling mode to 16:9 (letterbox the image if the source is smaller) if you don't want the console games stretched vertically.

i have done that, its a shame i lose a couple of inches of the screen but its preferable than the picture being stretched, i think it was why i was so unimpressed with my component hookup on the 360 but it looks alot better now!

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM EST ----------

also if anyone can tell me how to get a 1680x1050 display with windows 7 i'd apreciate it, cant figure it out!